News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Brown

Re:Art and golf architecture
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2005, 06:33:17 PM »
I don't think you can leave out Fazio even if some think its too much eye-candy.

Linda Hartough: Isn't what she does just very detailed copying of a photograph of a golf hole? Is that really true art?
There's no artistic interpretation and dramatic flair.

Pete Lavallee

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2005, 06:53:29 PM »
Mark,

Would you prefer she sit on a stool at the tee of the hole she's painting for a month?
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

TEPaul

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2005, 07:26:36 PM »
"TE
You seem to be obsessed with the Arts and Crafts movement....don't let it get under your skin."

Tom MacW;

I SEEM TO BE OBSESSED with the Arts & Crafts Movement?? Wow, that's a beaut! It wasn't me who wrote a five part article with 1000 names of residual characters including some English headmaster's stepsister who once passed Hutchinson in the hall in an ill-conceived attempt to assign to some minor building and crafts movement in the latter part of 19th century England amongst a bunch of Kramer-haired toffs maximum influence on golf course architecture of the "golden Age"!  :)

Mark Brown

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2005, 09:48:26 PM »
Pete,

Linda is very good at what she does,but her paintings can be mistaken for a photgraph until you look close. And that's OK.
But there's no artistic interpretation. I'm not an expert in art, but that's the best I can explain it.

Jonathan Davison

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2005, 10:01:14 AM »
Brian I think a number of students are going and having a presentation of work, so I see you at St Andrews.
Thanks

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back