News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Peter Pallotta

Re: Most exclusive clubs in the world?
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2018, 08:37:08 PM »
 ;D  Ha ha - good one.
And the naysayers said that it would never work, that no one would travel that far to play golf.
But with 18 stunning golf holes routed over 900 square miles of rugged, wind swept terrain, and with room for another 600 courses and 200 clubhouses and lodges, this is surely the #1-ranked resort destination of the future!
Has anyone heard who the architect for the *next* course will be? I hope it's Tom...   
Peter

*Personally, just looking at the photos and reading the write-ups, I'm not sure I like the 'open-jaw' style of routing and the (resulting) need to take a bullet train to the first tee...but I suppose the architects went for the best 18 holes they could find, so maybe that price is worth it...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 08:43:12 PM by Peter Pallotta »

JMEvensky

« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2018, 09:19:07 PM »
Peter,I'm surprised you fell for the photo--can't you tell a movie set when you see one? Everyone knows the moon landing was a hoax--most likely put together by the Deep State with help from the Rothschilds and the Clinton Foundation (retroactively).

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2018, 09:26:50 PM »
I suppose 'retroactively' is easy for the Rothschilds. They can do anything. Just yesterday they engineered the process of human evolution...

But now, J, we've sidetracked a thread about the world's most exclusive courses. 'Course, for my tastes, I wish the Rothschilds had sidetracked it 14 years ago (retroactively, using Bill Clinton as cover...) 

Tim Leahy

« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2018, 02:14:22 AM »
Make the Moon great again! The Moon doesnt need a wall and is wide open for golf development. So it's perfect for comrade Trumpsky. He can proclaim himself the first man on the Moon. All prior were just fake news and confirmed by Fox news.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

SB

« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2018, 08:33:59 AM »
Is Vidauban still the winner? 

Paul Jones

« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2018, 08:34:55 AM »
"I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member !!!" - G. Marx
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2018, 09:07:56 AM »
Is Vidauban still the winner?

23 members. Great place.
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

Shelly Jones

« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2018, 01:39:00 PM »

Swinley Forest.

Difficult and lengthy process to join. The fact the royal family are members can complicate the process too.

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2018, 03:20:32 PM »

Swinley Forest.

Difficult and lengthy process to join. The fact the royal family are members can complicate the process too.

The founders of Swinley were men who found Sunningdale too busy, so they very consciously restricted their new club to 200 members. So yes, it is basically impossible to get in unless you are seriously connected. But playing there as a visitor is easy, you just call up and ask for a tee time. So it's a yes/no on this count.
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back