News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brian_Gracely

Re:GCA Carry Bag
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2005, 09:48:15 AM »
JK,

Do you think Zack can get you other logo'd items as well?

John_Cullum

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2005, 09:49:42 AM »
I vote for the moonie as well. A college kid demonstrated to me how the Moonie is superior because of the lack of the collar ring.

I'm in for a moonie, even if its $73 and change.
Raynor was a hack

Brent Hutto

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2005, 09:54:28 AM »
I vote for the moonie as well. A college kid demonstrated to me how the Moonie is superior because of the lack of the collar ring.

What is a collar ring?

SL_Solow

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2005, 09:56:28 AM »
I'm a stand bag guy.

John_Cullum

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2005, 09:58:36 AM »

What is a collar ring?

On the Titleist bags I have seen, there is a stiff ring at the opening. The moon bag has no opening support, which allows your club to go in easier.
Raynor was a hack

THuckaby2

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2005, 09:59:52 AM »
I'm a stand bag guy.

Shel, talk to shivas about this.  As misguided he is about roasting Jack over rangefinders, he is enlightened about these moon bags.  He and I both used to be stand-bag devotees, but it takes about one round carrying this moonbag to see the huge advantages.  They are so much lighter... it also just feels so much better to sling it over one shoulder and go... the only tiny downside is you do have to set it on the ground, but you get over that very quickly as you damn near always can find something to lean it up against.  In any case they are just so damn light, you often just pick them up with one hand....

Did I mention how light they are?  They are really, really light.

;D

JakaB

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2005, 10:02:34 AM »
JK,

Do you think Zack can get you other logo'd items as well?

Zack,

As indicated by our resident twit...I was just wondering what the cost would be to get some individualized lettering on our bags to make them personalized.....What would be the cost per letter to get such things as our intitials, blog address or other professional affiliations on the bag...

THuckaby2

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2005, 10:02:35 AM »

What is a collar ring?

On the Titleist bags I have seen, there is a stiff ring at the opening. The moon bag has no opening support, which allows your club to go in easier.

John - you lost me here.  Maybe I need the college kid...  ;)  How does this make it easier?  Seems to me that sans collar ring you'd have to constantly hold the edge, use two hands to get each club in...

Yes, I am imagination-challenged.  Help me out here.

TH

Zack Kelly

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2005, 10:09:01 AM »
Zack,

As indicated by our resident twit...I was just wondering what the cost would be to get some individualized lettering on our bags to make them personalized.....What would be the cost per letter to get such things as our intitials, blog address or other professional affiliations on the bag...
I'm not sure about cost for personalization, I'm not sure if there is enough room for it on the moon bag I'll call Titleist and Ping Today to iron out some details.  It seems like the moon bag is the bag of choice, I'll still see if I can do both moon and stand
Fairways & Greens
Zack Quinn Kelly

Mike Hendren

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2005, 10:26:55 AM »
The great thing about a moon bag is that no matter how ugly the logo... it isn't gonna be big enough to matter.

True, but I sure do like glancing over at my "extra" Moon Bag that sits in the corner of our home office.  It bears the logo of Cypress Point Club and holds my Powerbilt persimmon driver as well as the first and last driver my Dad played with.  

I've ordered a third that has "Wave If You've Hosted Huckaby" embroidered down the side.

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Jim Thompson

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2005, 10:29:24 AM »
Sun Mountain does have a great line of "classic bags" with and without stands. A classy wood or brass tag would be awesome IMHO.  I'll do a mock up of the tag and post as soon as I get done setting up this new computer.

Cheers!

JT
Jim Thompson

THuckaby2

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2005, 10:29:57 AM »
I am pleased.  All of my efforts will now contribute to so much furtherance of good fellowship in the golf world.  With all that waving going on, people are gonna become friends darn quick!

;D ;D

John_Cullum

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2005, 10:31:34 AM »

John - you lost me here.  Maybe I need the college kid...  ;)  How does this make it easier?  Seems to me that sans collar ring you'd have to constantly hold the edge, use two hands to get each club in...

Yes, I am imagination-challenged.  Help me out here.

TH

Huck

You have fallen in the logic bunker. Remember golf is a game of opposites.

The titleist bag  opening always stays round, and 14 clubs must get into the constant circumference of the opening.

On the moon bag, when you lift it by the strap, all of the clubs fall to the bottom and stretch the opening into a long oval, almost triangular. A club more easily slips right into the long thin slot at the top of the triangle.

Do you know why all manhole covers are round?

Raynor was a hack

Scott_Park

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2005, 10:33:40 AM »
By far the best looking carry bag that I have seen is the Belding circa 1904 bag?

It is a canvas and leather carry bag with lambswool lining the top.

Here is a link to a picture with different color combinations.

http://www.proamgolfshop.com/belding1904.htm

Scott

« Last Edit: February 03, 2005, 10:34:30 AM by Scott_Park »

George Pazin

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2005, 10:34:21 AM »
Here is the image from the t shirts (I still have a few left, btw):

Do we want Monterey with 2 "r"s or 1? :)

I'm not sure it would work well on a bag - let me think of a way to simplify it.

As an aside, I've been working on designing a carry "bag" that really isn't a bag at all, but at the rate my ideas tend to happen, none of us will be able to walk and use it. :)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

THuckaby2

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2005, 10:40:17 AM »
John:

Picture a massive light-bulb going on over my previously dim head.

Duh... that makes perfect sense.

Thanks, my friend.  Bear with me, sometimes it does take me awhile.

;D ;D ;D

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2005, 10:50:28 AM »
I might be interested, but only a stand bag w/double-straps and preferably 3.5 lite.  Double-straps are much better for your back.  I'd like to see the bag first (picture would suffice), I'm kinda picky about these things (as you can tell).   ::)

Oh, and some padding on the straps..... :-*

I've ordered a third that has "Wave If You've Hosted Huckaby" embroidered down the side.

Mike

;D  LOL!

Too bad I'll never be eligible.

George Pazin

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2005, 10:55:45 AM »
A couple of other ideas, basically simplifications:

Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2005, 10:59:43 AM »
If we are to have a 'Team Bag', I should like to vote for the positively-Doakian minimalism of the A-Frame Golf Bag...

http://www.aframegolf.com/launch.html

I feel it perfectly embodies the true Spirit of GCA...!

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

THuckaby2

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2005, 11:08:38 AM »
Well now Scott I have never been so insulted.  I guess I know who not to bother if I ever get out that way.

;D ;D ;D

Mike Hendren

« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2005, 11:10:56 AM »
Martin,

Dad had a similar contraption he tried in the  70's.  No shoulder strap, however.  Just a handle to carry the thing like a briefcase.  Tubular metal construction with clips that held the golf clubs.  Didn't last long as he defaulted back to the Wal-Mart canvas bag.  Thanks for the memories.

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Jason Tetterton

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2005, 11:13:26 AM »
Will any of these example logos show up well on a golf bag?  

Clay Huestis

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2005, 11:15:40 AM »
Sorry to thread-jack, but Martin, I saw the A-Frame guys on "The Dragons Den" the other night on BBC (a venture capital reality show), and I thought it was just a horrible business idea.  However, looking at their website now, I think it looks much better, although I am still not sure I would ever use one!

Mike, I remember the one from the 70s you talked about!  It was a horrible thing, and they are all probably hidden away in various attics next to the pet rock!

George Pazin

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2005, 11:17:42 AM »
If we are to have a 'Team Bag', I should like to vote for the positively-Doakian minimalism of the A-Frame Golf Bag...

http://www.aframegolf.com/launch.html

I feel it perfectly embodies the true Spirit of GCA...!

FBD.

You're killing me, FBD.

I had this idea - in fact, my idea is a twist on this - about 3 years ago. About 2 years ago, I was perusing the international edition of Golf World and saw a snippet on this bag & I almost keeled over on the spot. I am notorious among my friends for having wacko ideas that end up making it into the marketplace by other people, but I honestly thought this one was unique enough that I had time to pursue it slowly. Has that bag made any inroads overseas, because I haven't seen anything like it over here?

I'm like Michael Keaton in Night Shift. :)

John_Cullum

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2005, 11:18:55 AM »

We should use this, but perhaps add a small blue pond short left.
Raynor was a hack

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back