News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Zack Kelly

GCA Carry Bag
« on: February 02, 2005, 08:53:42 PM »
Guys I was wandering if anyone would be interested in having a GCA logoed carry bag.  I recently placed an order for a company that gave me an idea to come up with a custom GCA golf bag.  I need to know if any body would be interested in having their own GCA golf bag.  I'm not sure of the exact cost but will have more details soon.  Any suggestions for companies, models, colors, etc.  I know PIng will customize bags but would like some feedback from you to know which direction to go.  Either IM me or post any suggestions that you would have and if you would like one.  These bags will also be sold at my cost to all GCA members.  Thanks in advance for your ideas and partcipation.
Fairways & Greens
Zack Quinn Kelly

Donnie Beck

Re:GCA Carry Bag
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 09:00:54 PM »
Do you have any art work of the logo?

Zack Kelly

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 09:04:17 PM »
I have emailed RAn and he gave me a member that has it and am trying to get it from him.
Fairways & Greens
Zack Quinn Kelly

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 09:04:47 PM »
Zack,
Let me know, and I can come up with the logo like whats above to the top left center or something original. I can put it in encapsulated postscript which is what Ping is probably working with as far as the embroidary.

George would also probably be best to get advice from also.

Mike_Sweeney

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 09:42:03 PM »
Zack,
Let me know, and I can come up with the logo like whats above to the top left center or something original. I can put it in encapsulated postscript which is what Ping is probably working with as far as the embroidary.

Light bag is preferred.

Thanks

Bill_McBride

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 09:45:30 PM »
I just bought a Sun Mountain bag that weighs only 1.5 pounds and carries a full set of clubs.  No stand and no really large pocket, but it is so easy to carry it's almost ridiculous!  That would be my vote for GCA carry bag.

JakaB

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2005, 11:05:42 PM »
Bill,

Sun Mountain seems kinda gay for a bunch of purists, what did they ever do for golf.  Gotta go with the as light Ping or Titleist just cause if for no better reason.  I vote for no bag stand no matter which way you go...anything with a stand is too heavy and mechanically obtuse..

Mike_Young

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2005, 11:11:59 PM »
Sun Mountain built Pings bags for years.
I agree on no stand.
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2005, 11:13:18 PM »
Hey,

Not sure about the carry bag, but if I could get that logo, I would love to attach it to my own personal golf cart.  It would need to include the words "Purist" on it.  Or, maybe "Practical Purist."

whaddy think? ;D
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Mike Benham

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2005, 11:14:09 PM »
Here is my vote ... promotes walking and although it will carry 14 clubs, you can carry less ... and there is no room for the laser range finder ...

"... and I liked the guy ..."

Lloyd_Cole

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2005, 11:19:39 PM »
If enough folk want one then stuff can happen. I'm embarrassed to let folk here know I sometimes visit the other end of the golf forums

you need to join (simple no strings or spam) to read this - bomb squad golf

http://www.bombsquadgolf.com/invboard_release/upload/index.php?showtopic=55258&hl=white+bag

TEPaul

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2005, 07:32:13 AM »
Personally, I would not want to go out in the real world with a "GOLFCLUBATLAS.com golf bag!

Why? Simply because my experiences have been that if that becomes connected with me in the outside world of golf I come to feel something like the cat who feels "crazed" from the constant buzzing and attacking of birds who seem mad as hornets that the cat tried to attack their nests!

Jason Tetterton

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2005, 08:09:05 AM »
Let's see the logo.  I'd be very interested.  Will some of this money go to GCA?

Zack Kelly

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2005, 08:13:16 AM »
These bags will be sold at cost.  I need to know how many would like a stand bag and how many would prefer the moon type bag.  I might be able to do both, if enough interest is there for each.
Fairways & Greens
Zack Quinn Kelly

Mike_Sweeney

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2005, 09:04:14 AM »
These bags will be sold at cost.  I need to know how many would like a stand bag and how many would prefer the moon type bag.  I might be able to do both, if enough interest is there for each.

Mike Benham's Moon Bag

Will Ran allow BBGE bag tags to be displayed ?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2005, 09:04:59 AM by Mike Sweeney »

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2005, 09:11:22 AM »
Just as a caveat, cost on these bags should not be anywhere close to $100. More like $55.

It maybe hard to order from someone with only 22 posts and who's name is too close to that infamous Jack Kelly.  ;)

Mike_Sweeney

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2005, 09:14:19 AM »
If enough folk want one then stuff can happen. I'm embarrassed to let folk here know I sometimes visit the other end of the golf forums

You are not alone Lloyd, I am waiting for the day when I see Tom MacWood over there ! ;)

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2005, 09:15:38 AM »
Count me in

THuckaby2

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2005, 09:16:09 AM »
Are you sure RAN wants a bunch of us wackos advertising his site?

;)

Put me down for MIKE HENDREN's moon bag, as depicted by Mike Benham here. (Note it was Mike Hendren who first showed up with one of these at a GCA gathering, spurring a bunch of us to get one).

Mine could easily be replaced.

TH

JakaB

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2005, 09:30:59 AM »
Huck,

Hendren has a Ping moon bag....which company embodies the culture we hold dear most accurately...Ping or Titleist...I vote Ping..

Zack Kelly

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2005, 09:32:01 AM »
Just as a caveat, cost on these bags should not be anywhere close to $100. More like $55.

It maybe hard to order from someone with only 22 posts and who's name is too close to that infamous Jack Kelly.  ;)

It depends on the bag that you order if the moon bag is the bag that  is ordered it should be very inexpensive somewhere around 55 on the high end, but if people decide they would like a Ping stand bag then the price would be higher closer to 100 or in that ball park.  I will be glad to provide any refernces before anyone places an order, Golf is my business and cannot risk destroying my image on a small bag order.  If anyone would like to talk with me please IM me and I'll give you my phone # so we can discuss the bags.

Ran also replied in his email to me that the Carry BAg would be a Great way to get the word out about GCA.  And gave his full support for the bags.

Thanks
Fairways & Greens
Zack Quinn Kelly

TEPaul

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2005, 09:33:26 AM »
Lloyd Cole said:

"I'm embarrassed to let folk here know I sometimes visit the other end of the golf forums"

Lloyd:

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are you on some other golf architecture web-site praising Fazio because that's what they do over there? If so, you're in deep KaKa on here Pal!

PThomas

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2005, 09:34:48 AM »
I might very well be interested depending on cost and how they look
197 played, only 3 to go!!

Lloyd_Cole

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2005, 09:38:00 AM »
Tom

It's a site for folk addicted to buying new equipment. Though still carrying a substantial problem, I believe I am now getting closer to 'recovery'. And it can be quite entertaining when they talk about architecture over there, not all of the 'big hitters' are morons..

Lloyd Cole said:

"I'm embarrassed to let folk here know I sometimes visit the other end of the golf forums"

Lloyd:

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are you on some other golf architecture web-site praising Fazio because that's what they do over there? If so, you're in deep KaKa on here Pal!

JakaB

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2005, 09:42:48 AM »
Zack,

Just tell me where to send a check for $72 for the bag sight unseen....hell, whats $72 amongst friends.   The great thing about a moon bag is that no matter how ugly the logo... it isn't gonna be big enough to matter.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back