News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_Roths

World 100 Additions?
« on: January 14, 2005, 09:56:48 AM »
I am curious if the new courses that have opened or will open this year will shake up GOLF's World 100 list.  These are just potential ones that I think can crack the list:

Friar's Head
Cape Kidnapper's
Barnbougle Dunes
Old Sandwhich ??
Bandon Trails
Dallas National

I also think that Myopia is going to crack the list.  Just a hunch.  

THuckaby2

Re:World 100 Additions?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 10:14:06 AM »
Steve:

When does Golf Mag put this out?

Hard to believe Bandon Trails will be on any list this year, as the course doesn't officially open until June 1.

But the rest all seem very possible to me.

TH

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 10:16:13 AM »
I don't think Barnbougle and Old Sandwich are eligible - opened too recently (cut-off is usually May or June of previous year - 2004).

And Bandon Trails hasn't even opened yet (June, 2005 - perhaps not even being eligible for GD's Best New for next year).

Tyler Kearns

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 10:18:49 AM »
Steve,

Perhaps Sutton Bay may have a chance, it was heralded by Golf Digest as the #1 new private course in 2004.

TK

Tom_Doak

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 10:20:44 AM »
Scott:

All three courses are on the ballot ... there is no cut-off date for when the course opens ... that's just for the GOLF DIGEST Best New voting.

However, I would be a little surprised if any of the last four courses made the list this time, just because it will be tough to get the minimum of ten panelists to see them by the voting deadline in April ... Barnbougle has been visited by seven or eight, I think.

I would bet that Friars Head would appear on the list for sure but Cape Kidnappers might not ... some of the panelists who attended the Renaissance Cup thought the course was just way too hard.  I'll be interested to see the result.  I do believe that Barnbougle will make it whenever the panelists finally get there.

Mike Vegis @ Kiawah

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 10:23:35 AM »
Golf Magazine's ranking issue is usually the September issue of odd numbered years.  The Golf Digest ranking issue is the may of odd numbered years.  Golfweek's rankings generally come out mid March of each year...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 10:25:33 AM by Mike Vegis @ Kiawah »

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 10:52:03 AM »
Tom,

Thanks for the info.

jim_lewis

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 10:57:38 AM »
I continue to believe that Wannamoisett is the most inexplicable ommision from GM's list.
"Crusty"  Jim
Freelance Curmudgeon

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back