News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

BCowan

Re: Happy New Year
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2014, 11:34:13 PM »
Happy New Years.  Looking forward to gatherings in 2015!

Don Mahaffey

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2015, 01:30:17 AM »
Happy New Year to everyone. I wish you all great golf in '15.

Paul Gray

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2015, 06:55:26 AM »
Happy New Year to one and all. I do hope you all have happy and prosperous fortune in the coming year.

Joel,

A very nice idea.

I wouldn't claim to have known Tiger as our time on this forum barely crossed. We did however have enough PMs for me to realise that he was a man of great virtue and is no doubt sorely missed by many on GCA.

In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

Rich Goodale

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2015, 08:37:12 AM »
I remember Tiger every time I see the letters "LSU."  I wish Katie and her son all the very best in life.

Carpe Diem

Rich
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

David Davis

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2015, 08:59:57 AM »
Gentlemen,

Nice thread and memory of your friend. 10 years flies past. In 2005 I took my first ever golf trip. Little did I know this would create a chain reaction of madness to take me well through the next decade. Now it's like a drug running through my veins (well, what I'd imagine a drug to be like having never taken any) constantly creating a never-ending need for more.

Happy New Year from The Netherlands gentlemen where I was extremely lucky to get to end 2014 in style with summer greens and a perfect day.

Although I will admit it was a bit crowded. But hey, it's New Years and everyone wants to play, I completely understand!

Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2015, 09:40:47 AM »
That's the spirit, Dave. Nice of you to let them prance through. Not everyone is so amenable.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Pete Blaisdell

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2015, 09:53:50 AM »
 Wishing all my peers on GCA a healthy, prosperous and Happy 2015 !!

I've only been a member and poster for a few years but I can say without a doubt that I have learned more from you gentlemen than I could ever imagine from any book. I have been most impressed with the knowledge, passion and at times the biting wit of the members.

Best site in the game. Don't change one iota.
' Golf courses are like wives and the prom queen doesn't always make for the best wife "

Paul Jones

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2015, 09:49:10 PM »
Seeing my pal's post could not make me more wistful.  New Years is a time for optimism and looking ahead, but also for remembering our friends.  There's nothing more important in this life than family and friends.  Happy New Year everyone. 

I think Paul Jones, also of Lafayette and Oakbourne CC, has already mentioned this, but John's daughter Katie just had a baby and the boy's been named John.   Geaux Tigers!

LSU has recognized Tiger in the LSU Quad with a memorial plaque in front of the one of the old beautiful Live Oaks tree.

I thought about how he might be in trouble for cursing in heaven after watching them loose to Notre Dame :-).
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Paul Jones

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2015, 09:50:35 PM »
Joel:

A nice touch.

I am getting ready to take up Tiger's recommendations of courses in Louisiana and Mississippi for inclusion in The Confidential Guide.  It will be sad not to play his favorites with him.

Tom,

Let me know when you come to town.  Which courses are on your list to visit in LA and Miss?
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back