News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff Goldman

Extra day on Pilgrimmage to Pebble
« on: December 13, 2004, 01:55:17 PM »
Folks,

I have been in LA on trial for the last 2 weeks (no chance for golf), and am making another pilgrimmage to Pebble Christmas weekend.  Turns out me and my nephew will have a free day that sunday (the 26th), so I'm thinking of heading us over to Pasatiempo (I have never seen an A. Mac. course).  

I recall there was talk of work being done at Pasa and that it might not be a good idea to head over there for a while, but I can't find the discussion, etc.  So, if anyone here knows why these 2 golfers, and this course, should not be joined in a holy sunday of golf, please speak, or hold you peace until I get back and can talk about recreating or outdoing Shivas' eight-putt.  Thanks!

Jeff Goldman
That was one hellacious beaver.

THuckaby2

Re:Extra day on Pilgrimmage to Pebble
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 02:09:58 PM »
Jeff:

The work was done last year and is long-since complete now.  The only small downside of playing Pasa in the winter is one could get wet - it does tend to rain this time of year.  But drainage is hugely improved so you won't get the quagmire you might have a few years ago.

DO IT!  As the great shivas says, Pasa is plain and simple very cool.

And pity you don't have the 27th for golf... I am impacted by family duties on the 26th, but the 27th is a company holiday and is wide open....

TH

ps - one other thing - that is likely going to be a very popular day... best to call for reservations NOW if you haven't already... might already be booked solid.

Jeff Goldman

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 02:16:25 PM »
Tom, we tee off Pebble noon on the 27th with a threesome (my bro in law is coming in a day later, ergo the free day), so there is at least a decent chance there will be a spot open - you're welcome to join us if so (or at the tap room after for short ribs etc.).  Same deal Spyglass on the 28th - 3 at 11:10.  The winter special is a pretty decent deal, and I have only had one bad weather day in 2 trips.

Jeff

THuckaby2

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 02:20:14 PM »
Jeff:

That is VERY cool and I've seen the winter special deal - sounds great.

As for 27th at Pebble, well... that is a little rich for my blood.  But thanks for the offer!

Do call Pasa asap.  Maybe it's open and no problem, but best not to wait.  That place gets fully booked most any Sunday and that one right as part of the holiday weekend, well.... I'd just say better safe than sorry.

TH

Robert Kimball

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 02:52:19 PM »
so I'm thinking of heading us over to Pasatiempo (I have never seen an A. Mac. course).  

This would be a good one to start with.  Like mentioned above, this place is very cool.

SL_Solow

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 03:38:15 PM »
Jeff, take Tom's advice.  Call ASAP.

GeoffreyC

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 03:48:05 PM »
Jeff

Pasatiempo is a mystical place. Do it asap. You will have stories to tell after the round- guaranteed.

Jeff Goldman

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004, 04:34:13 PM »
Ok, ok, teeing off 10:32 on Dec. 26.  Only 2 of us, so if anyone else is around and wants to join us, there may be 2 spots open.  Just call up and add your name, and let me know.  If they are filled but have an open time before or after, we are pretty flexible and can probably change.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2004, 05:35:34 PM »
Jeff I am envious. You are have xmas holidays the right way.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back