News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Craig Sweet

Harbor Links
« on: December 10, 2004, 10:06:11 AM »
Has anyone played, or is familer, with Harbor Links on Long Island? It's an 18 hole public facility.

LOCK HIM UP!!!

Mike_Sweeney

Re:Harbor Links
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 10:18:32 AM »
Played it a year or two after it opened. It was built on a landfill, so it seemed to have many constraints. I don't want to beat up on it too badly, as it was many years ago before the GCA insanity hit, but I have no interest in seeing it again.

They do have a 9 hole course which I have been meen to take my son to play.

Craig Sweet

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 10:25:52 AM »
They're looking for a 2nd assistant super. The photos on the website are few, but it looks "ok"...

It's managed by the Arnold Palmer Management people.

I was thinking about shooting them a resume. It might be an openning to a future on LI...who knows?
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Ted Kramer

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 11:00:39 AM »
The Super is a friend of mine.
I played soccer in college with his brother, he's a really nice guy who learned his craft at the Black, under Mr. Currier(sp).

Feel free to email me or send me a message if you'd like. I don't know that I can do anything to help your cause, but at the very least I could tell my buddy to look out for your resume.

-Ted

Matt_Ward

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2004, 12:05:27 PM »
Craig:

I played Harbor Links a short time after it opened and the layout is another triumph for the tandem of Hurdzan and Fry who have done such remediation work in the past -- see their efforts in Massachusetts at Widow's Walk in Scituate.

Harbor Links is a bit beyond the general "matter-of-fact" muni and I believe the folks in Port Washington have a management contract for the course with the Arnold Palmer company.

Basic info -- Yardage is from 6927 to 5465 yards.

Par-72 with a course rating of 73.4 from the back tees and a slope rating of 129. The main 18 hole course is built on a reclaimed sand and gravel mine.

The course is generally on flat land but there are a few holes of note. The 18th is a solid par-4 with a fairway bunker on the left that creeps in with the slightest pull.  

There is also an adjoining executive 9-hole layout to the main 18. Harbor Links get plenty of play. One other note -- I would also recommend playing Oyster Bay in Woodbury which is roughly 25 minutes away -- good TF design that's also operated as a muni.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back