News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Patrick_Mucci

Re:Changes in Bunker Maintenance at Shinnecock Hills GC
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2004, 12:55:22 PM »
TEPaul,

I wouldn't expect anything less.

That's the same mindset forward thinking people encountered when they postured that the world was round.

Exactly when did you membership in the "Flat Earth" society expire ?

TEPaul

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2004, 09:26:48 PM »
Patrick:

Do you think perhaps you might have a bit of an inflated opinion of your constant argumentativeness that Jeff Mingay mentioned above? Do you really think you're enlightening us the way Columbus did the "flat-earth" believers?  ;) ;)

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2004, 11:38:08 PM »
TEPaul,

Actually, Columbus didn't do enough to enlighten the world and dispel the flat earth theory, society and its believers.

It wasn't until around 1948-49 that the last member of the flat earth society gave up that belief, when the equivalent of NASA sent up a rocket that photographed the earth.

Rumor has it that an enclave of die hards, located somewhere near Newtown, PA., refused to believe the photos of the earth taken from outer space which clearly evidenced that the world was round.

This same cult continues to believe that the HHA bunker complex at PV mirrors the 5th and 6th hole bunker complexes at Shinnecock Hills, despite aerial photography which clearly evidences just the opposite.

Are you proposing that Jeff Mingay become the arbiter of all issues ?

Doug Siebert

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2004, 01:19:30 AM »
Patrick,

Since there are people who believe NASA faked the moon landings, surely it is not much of a step to believe that satellite photos showing a round Earth are faked as well.  Given the state of science education in the US, and polls showing more support for creation "science", the flat earthers stand a good chance of making a comeback in the 21st century :P
My hovercraft is full of eels.

TEPaul

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2004, 05:39:07 AM »
"Are you proposing that Jeff Mingay become the arbiter of all issue?"

Patrick:

No, but what I am proposing and what I said above is Jeff Mingay is a very valuable and serious minded contributor to this board who wrote a very accurate post above about what a waste of time it can be on here when you constantly play the devil's advocate on so many threads. You might look at it as educating the "flat-earthers" but I can pretty much assure you we here on GOLFCLUBATLAS.com do understand the earth is round and we do understand how futile and what a waste of time your constant arguing with everyone on this website is. You might think you're defending something but I can assure you that you aren't---except you're right to play the constant pain-in-the-ass devil's advocate to most everything anyone says on here.   ;)

And I never said anywhere on here that Flynn was creating a HHA look-alike at Shinnecock Hills, merely constructing what Flynn referred to as "constructed undulated sand areas" and Alison referred to on the Shinnecock plan as 'constructed broken ground with marram and lime grass'. Please point out to me where anyone referred to HHA as what you described those areas as--HHa as "the wilderness theme" :) and the "island isolation look" on #5 and #6. Where did you dream that up?  ;)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2004, 05:42:56 AM by TEPaul »

TEPaul

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2004, 05:45:53 AM »
Hey, Pat, if you really are into convincing someone that the earth isn't flat, it very well might be worth your while to give the White House a call!

;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back