News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

wsmorrison

Re:The Country Club in Pepper Pike, Ohio
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2004, 09:04:03 PM »
Craig,
You are correct, Macdonald did the construction work and was closely overseen by the architect in charge, which helped a great deal.  A few of the bunker shapes were a bit off but only a handful.  The finish of the bunkers was certainly not hand crafted but not bad all in all.  We've seen a lot worse and it was hardly a detraction in my mind.  As to the tree issues that Mark alludes to, Ralph Karlovec and committee shared his thoughts and identified trees for removal and they seem to have a solid plan.  

Sean,
In my mind it is the team consisting of membership, architect, superintendent, and construction crew that must work in concert to produce a solid effort and maintain it that way.  The system worked very well at TCC.  It is important to note that the IMG architect, Brit Stinson (sp?) was apparently on site quite a bit; many of his bosses are members of the club so I am certain the work had an extremely high priority and attention by all parties.

TEPaul

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2004, 07:24:00 AM »
Don't forget, if the bunkering at TCC looks a bit immature at this point it very well may be because the grassing is less than a year into its maturity. Like Merion East, give it a couple of years and it may look a lot better. I think that was one of the mistakes made in criticizing Merion East on here. You've got to give some bunker projects a couple of years to look the best it can.

wsmorrison

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2004, 07:35:53 AM »
That's a good point to keep in mind, Tom.  Gratification may come, though not immediately.  Good luck in the Lesley Cup matches.  See you when you get back.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 07:40:09 AM by Wayne Morrison »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back