News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Buck Wolter

Wolf Course at Paiute in Las Vegas
« on: February 04, 2003, 05:02:25 PM »
MB Lewis and I played the Wolf Course at Paiute Saturday morning. We played Snow Mountain Friday with a bigger group as well.

The Wolf was definitely F&F. I had never played a course over 7000 yds and even with a 20-25 mph wind it didn't seem that long.

The greens were as fast as any I've ever played,  I would guess they were 12 when we started and closer to 15 by then end due to the wind. They were also hard, I saw only one ball all day hit and check -- even into the wind. You had to land the ball short to stay on the greens, which made for some unreachable pins. It seems as though most holes allowed you the option of the ground game. Really like nothing else I've ever played as far as the conditioning. There was a post a while back regarding iffy conditioning here but I think it was in very good shape.

Fun golf course with some very good holes. A few I didn't like but it may have been due to the wind that day which was stronger than normal. One severe Dog leg right that was about 450 and even with the bombed drive that Mark hit he had about 230 right into the wind.

Sun Mountain was decent but the greens seemed to be 75% Poa and were extremely bumpy. Nowhere near the test that the Wolf was but good for our group.

Anyone headed out might want to check out an ebay auction called  EZ Links  http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=28343796We got our tee time for less than $70/man on a Saturday during high season, that's got to be the best bargain in Vegas Golf, very easy to use as well. Gave me $200 more to lose playing Black Jack.

Thanks to those who suggested the Wolf when we were planning our trip!

Buck
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

willhammer (Guest)

Re: Wolf Course at Paiute in Las Vegas
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2003, 08:05:20 AM »
I agree with you about the Wolf course. I have not played Shaddow Creek yet, but otherwise I think it is the best course in the Vegas area.

I don't know who told you conditions were an issue there, I have never seen it in poor shape. They do have to water it heavily on summer nights so it can play a little soft on early summer mornings but you can hardly hold that against them. It is either that, watering during play, or dead grass with 115 degree temps.

Next time you are in town I suggest trying the Desert Course at Primm Valley. A good course at a good price.

Matt_Ward

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2003, 11:44:12 AM »
Buck:

Glad to hear things went well with your trip to the Wolf at Paiute. I played the course last year and absolutely loved it. The turf conditions are very good and you can always be sure that some type of wind will be whipping through the property on just about any afternoon.

I'd place the Wolf easily among the five best courses I've played in Nevada and even though the green fee can be a bit stiff it's still worthy a play while in town.

Did you get the opportunity to play the other Wolf -- Wolf Creek at Paradise Canyon in Mesquite? Definitely worth playing as well.

One last comment -- I agree with willhammer -- the Desert Course at primm Valley is also worth a play when in Vegas.

Buck Wolter

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2003, 09:17:30 PM »
Matt-
We were there for a bachelor party so we didn't want to drive too much. Saw some photos of Wolf Creek and it looked like fun.

Thanks again for the heads up. We were worried about playing the same resort twice but there really was not much comparison.

Buck

Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back