News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

Isleta or Sandia in Albuquerque?
« on: July 06, 2015, 05:10:49 PM »
I'm contemplating a stop at either of these places during an X-Country trip this fall. Does any of you denizens have experience with either Isleta or Sandia resorts in Albuquerque, New Mexico? Thank you in advance for your input.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

astavrides

Re: Isleta or Sandia in Albuquerque?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 09:52:31 PM »
The Sandia course and resort are far superior, even though I'm not that crazy about the course. In the area, UNM and Paa-Ko and Twin Warriors are better, and Santa Ana is about equal to Sandia. PM me if you want to meet up or maybe tee it up.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 10:25:56 PM »
The Sandia course wasn't open the last time I was in NM but I liked the Twin Warriors course at the nearby  Hyatt Regency Tamaya. I've also played Paa-Ko(the original 18) and UNM and both are also recommended.
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Jason Way

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 11:50:03 PM »
Agreed about PaaKo.  The course is on the better side of okay, but the piece of property it's on is gorgeous and worth the drive in and of itself. 

Also quite a bit of fun trying to pick the right club at altitude with the elevation changes.  Sheesh...
"Golf is a science, the study of a lifetime, in which you can exhaust yourself but never your subject." - David Forgan

Jason Topp

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 12:27:50 AM »
Sandia is worth playing.  I did not love the layout but thought it was solid.  The setting is fantastic.

I have not played the other course.

Cort Sylvester

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 09:54:50 PM »
Was there last week for a few days.  I can't comment on either Isleta or Sandia, other than to say that a local I played the back nine at Twin Warriors with said nice things about Sandia. 

I liked Twin Warriors reasonably well.  It looked like the resort there was also fairly nice.  Also played Paa-Ko, and I was not thrilled.  It seemed very punitive--a fair amount of water, and lost ball territory just off the fairways. 

Adam Clayman

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 10:27:33 PM »
The Snakehead's Ridge, behind the 16th green at Twin Warriors, is easily one of the top tier uniquely spiritual spots I've ever seen on an inland golf course.

I'll never forget Whitten's ridiculous criticism suggesting it be the closer.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 01:56:56 AM »
I played Sandia in March and it seemed like both "roughs" steered the ball back to the fairway. Haven't played the other course.

Mark McKeever

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 08:33:00 AM »
The golf course at Sandia is pretty cool, with a lot of fun features and a great setting.  The hotel is very nice as well if you need lodging.

MM
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

JJShanley

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 01:45:22 PM »
I played UNM July 13 last year, while in the ABQ for a wedding.  It hosted a U.S. Amateur qualifier that day, but I thought it played fun rather than penal.  I'd go back.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back