News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

THuckaby2

Re: GCA.com's Land of Enchantment fall get togethe
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2003, 09:55:56 AM »
Hiya Dan!

Oh would that I had the time and freedom to do such a rolling cocktail party... it sounds like one hell of an idea... but if I do this at all, it's gonna have to be a quick fly in, fly out.  Such are the realities of life... oh well.

TH
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »

RJ_Daley

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2003, 10:14:04 AM »
Dan, do they still have those busses that run to Baja that are painted like watermelons and daisy prints and such?  In that case, I'd consider flying to Nor Cal just to get on the bus, gus. 8) 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Norbert P

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2003, 10:59:28 AM »
Dan, sounds like a great idea.  The only problem is I don't think anybody here would want to be the designated driver and we'd just sit there and booze up.  I could go down to Springfield and pick up the "Further" bus from the Ken Kesey estate.  Neil Cassidy could drive then. Long live the Pranksters!

Have you ever read "The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test" by Tom Wolfe?

"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Dan King

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2003, 04:03:30 PM »
My Man Slag writes:
Dan, sounds like a great idea.  The only problem is I don't think anybody here would want to be the designated driver and we'd just sit there and booze up.

We need Ed Getka to go along. Not just because he doesn't drink, but also because he's a great guy to have along for the road trip.

I could go down to Springfield and pick up the "Further" bus from the Ken Kesey estate.

How much trouble you think it would be to hook a satellite dish and big screen TV to it? I think my ideas of luxury have changed a lot since way back when.

Neil Cassidy could drive then. Long live the Pranksters!

Neil Cassidy might be difficult to get, but maybe we could get his bus drivin' cousin, David.

Have you ever read "The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test" by Tom Wolfe?

Just recently re-read it. It's gotten more dated than some of the other books of that era.

RJ Daley writes:
Dan, do they still have those busses that run to Baja that are painted like watermelons and daisy prints and such?  In that case, I'd consider flying to Nor Cal just to get on the bus, gus.

I'll need to look into that, but just like Further, the problem might be in getting the dish to work.

Might have been born to be wild, but I'm leaning toward not exploding into space.

Dan King
You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free
 --Paul Simon

dsilk

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2003, 04:00:22 AM »
Dave Silk- Boston (Black Rock)

ed_getka

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2003, 07:38:02 AM »
Dan,
  I just saw your post and the moving hotel sounds good to me. Since I don't drink I have no problem handling the driving. I was sort of thinking of doing an extended trip though and adding some other courses like Texas Tech, Don M's, Apache Stronghold, and Talking Stick. So let me know what you plan on doing and we can figure out some sort of itinerary. I was hoping you would be coming to this gathering. We can even pick up some SoCal guys on the way if we still have space.

This is sounding more fun every day. 8)
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2003, 11:01:25 AM »
It would seem that a VW Van would be more in touch with the nocal team. I will pop in "trucken" for the ride home tonight in your honor.

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2003, 04:20:43 PM »
How's the van coming?
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil & Tiger.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back