News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

paul cowley

Tommy Naccarato.
« on: December 04, 2007, 05:19:38 PM »
Tommy Naccarato. :)
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

ANTHONYPIOPPI

Re:Tommy Naccarato.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 05:23:20 PM »

That about says it all, doesn't it?

John Kirk

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 05:23:24 PM »
Tommy....
The Tomster....
The Heart of Gold Tomminator...

John Keenan

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 05:28:33 PM »
A good man
The things a man has heard and seen are threads of life, and if he pulls them carefully from the confused distaff of memory, any who will can weave them into whatever garments of belief please them best.

mike_malone

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 05:41:40 PM »
 Knucklehead

Now delete the thread.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 05:54:01 PM by michael_malone »
AKA Mayday

Mike_Young

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 05:44:37 PM »
Buelah
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Jordan Wall

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 05:45:30 PM »
The Big Cheese

John Foley

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 05:49:52 PM »
Man

Myth

Legend
Integrity in the moment of choice

Brian Noser

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 05:50:26 PM »
Go Cardinals..... ;D ;)

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 05:52:31 PM »
If I say something bad about Tommy will you guys email or call him and complain?  Could we please have a list of people on this site I am allowed not to admire...Don't we have to mirror real life if we are going to tackle real issues or is this site nothing but a man crush dating service.  Do any of you guys really love everyone at work, at home or on the street?

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 05:57:27 PM »
Did something happen to the Master of the freeway cell phone call?

Kyle Harris

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 06:02:51 PM »
John,

You can hate me, or more accurately, not admire me.  :)

James Bennett

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 06:06:44 PM »
Tommy....
The Tomster....
The Heart of Gold Tomminator...

The Tomminator.

Ding, ding, ding.  We have a winner!  
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Jesse Jones

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 06:12:52 PM »
My brother from another Mother.

David Stamm

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 06:18:13 PM »
Great man, great friend.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

paul cowley

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 06:27:03 PM »
If I say something bad about Tommy will you guys email or call him and complain?  Could we please have a list of people on this site I am allowed not to admire...Don't we have to mirror real life if we are going to tackle real issues or is this site nothing but a man crush dating service.  Do any of you guys really love everyone at work, at home or on the street?

John....hopefully most here know I am just playing around...I can only endure golf stress so much...but I don't feel I am OT at all....this is a good Golf site and I value the golf related contributors here...yourself included....who have put much thought and energy into making this site what it is.

Maybe I should have posted something like;

Donald Ross.

Donald Ross...Golden Age great....I like him.

paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 06:50:15 PM »
I don't think these man crush threads would be OT if we discussed the individuals architectural tastes and why we think they are anchored where they are.  Tommy has played an equal few number of Ross and Fazio courses yet has very defined opinions of each.  I am more interested how that came about than some sixth grade cute nickname that might get me in his pants.

This goes for the entire series you recently created.  Sadly, somebody will eventually get their feelings hurt if we delve with any seriousness and we can't have that.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 07:01:00 PM »
John,

You can hate me, or more accurately, not admire me.  :)

Kyle,

Could you please provide me with the youtube link for your Genesis tribute.  

Michael Dugger

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 07:02:06 PM »
I don't think these man crush threads would be OT if we discussed the individuals architectural tastes and why we think they are anchored where they are.  Tommy has played an equal few number of Ross and Fazio courses yet has very defined opinions of each.  I am more interested how that came about than some sixth grade cute nickname that might get me in his pants.

This goes for the entire series you recently created.  Sadly, somebody will eventually get their feelings hurt if we delve with any seriousness and we can't have that.

I would love to know your "individuals architectural tastes and why you think they are anchored where they are."

Love to know, really.  Would love to.
What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 07:05:13 PM »
I think I love penal architecture because I am afraid to be happy.

Michael Dugger

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 07:06:49 PM »
I think I love penal architecture because I am afraid to be happy.

Anytime one uses penal I laugh.

What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2007, 07:10:26 PM »
If not penal than what?  Honestly, when I am four under I am a wreck but when I am four over I am at peace.  My life is much simpler playing more difficult courses.

Michael Dugger

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2007, 07:15:53 PM »
I loved it when asked what league he played in last season, Charlie Sheen replied, "California Penal."

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2007, 07:29:30 PM »
John -

what would it be like to be 4 under AND at peace? I'd imagine it would feel wonderful (as would life itself, if we weren't afraid to be happy).  But how will we ever even begin to catch a glimpse of that wonderful experience if we only play courses where we're sure to get "exactly what we deserve"?

I mean this seriously. I think a great golf course is one that holds up a mirror up (with flattering lighting): it reflects back to us (gently, unless we trifle with it) our wants and desires and egos and sore spots, but it ALSO gives us a few new options/ways of seeing and dealing with all that.

Peter
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 07:30:41 PM by Peter Pallotta »

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2007, 07:34:51 PM »
Peter,

I play very easy courses very often.  I just don't like it as much and end up shooting about the same because I am so scared of going low.

This is the same reason I am a great alternate shot player because it takes the burden of success off my shoulders.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back