News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Blasberg

Re:Nicklaus vs Doak obits..
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2007, 08:50:57 AM »
Geoff,

If I'm still around in 2077, can I join you guys for 18? I'm thinking of purchasing some land in what will soon be a little seaside community just north of Phoenix.

Anthony

one things for sure is that if I'm around and shoot my age it will be the best 105
i've ever had!

Jeff Doerr

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2007, 10:46:37 AM »
I had not read this thread before as it sounded very OT to me.

Well...got tears in my eyes twice while reading through it.

Thanks to Rich - very funny!!!

Thanks to Tim - very touching remembrance.
"And so," (concluded the Oldest Member), "you see that golf can be of
the greatest practical assistance to a man in Life's struggle.”

ed_getka

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2007, 10:58:30 AM »
The members at MPCC have a nice tribute to Mike Strantz between green and tee on the back nine around #15 or 16.

John,
   You have come up with some weird threads before but this one takes it to a new level.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2007, 11:13:36 AM »
I have to give cudos to whoever wrote the Stranz obit.  I'd like to note that for my obit that I don't like dogs but do have a strange fondness for my two cats Butter and Gracie.  I rode out to the golf course when I was 14 not because I didn't have a drivers license but because I couldn't get a ride.  I know all of my employees names but couldn't recognize half of them if they bumped into me on the street.   I'm a spiritual person to cut my losses because eternity is a long time.  I couldn't operate an asphalt paver if it had to be moved out of the way of a hurricane and I only build roads because nobody will pay me more to do anything else.  My family will miss me if I don't get my life insurance policy renewed but I've got to get out of the obese rate category first.  I've been a dick since I could talk.  Contributions can be sent to the Bellagio to pay off an outstanding marker.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 11:44:55 AM by John Kavanaugh »

Matthew Hunt

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2007, 01:58:12 PM »
JOHN KAVANUGH

John Kavanaugh, aka Barney Frank, aka DB Cooper, aka Jordan Wall died peacefully in his sleep 21 February 2078, after a tragic kiln accident at the Happy Camper Nursing Home in Gary, Indiana.

Kavanaugh was best known for designing the world's greatest golf course, Indiana Dunes, in cooperation with Tom Fazio and Ben Creshaw, at the site of the old Behthehem Steel Works in Gary, but he burst into public consciousness when he was exposed by the late Tom MacWood as the long-sought after plane hijacker DB Cooper, in 2007.  Shortly after that, Kavanaugh admitted to a grand jury that he had taken the money stolen from that United flight so many years ago to invest in the asphalt business, and had hit the jackpot shortly thereafter when asked by the infamous Tommy "Two Brains" Naccarato to bury Jimmy Hoffa under a comfort stop on State Highway 59 in Southern Illinois.

Sent to prison for 50 years, Kavanagh was paroled in 2047 after the warden realized that he was never going to die a natural death due to the succesful gene therapy administered to him by future Nobel Prize Winner Geoffrey Childs.  Even though Childs was subsequently arrested on attempted murder charges, as it was discovered that he had deliberately given Kavanaugh what he thought was a placebo, the two became great friends, and it was Dr. Childs who last saw Kavanaugh before the kiln exploded.

The family asks that no flowers or other eye candy be sent, but that contributions to the BBGE would be appreciated.

The best post i've seen on GCA.com.

Karl Bernetich

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2007, 09:00:37 PM »
<< insert name here >> dies peacefully in his sleep.
Not like the others, yelling and screaming in the passenger seat ...

Nigel Islam

Re: Nicklaus vs Doak obits..
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2012, 04:50:05 PM »
I accidentally stumbled across this, and felt it was worth a bump. Overall quite a funny/delusional/disturbed thread with a touching tribute to Mike Strantz. Have yet to see any Nicklaus architectural obits....

Tim_Weiman

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2012, 06:50:19 PM »
Nigel,

Thanks for bumping this thread. I never knew Tommy "Two Brains" Naccarato was involved in the Jimmy Hoffa disappearance.

I guess I should have known!
Tim Weiman

Bruce Katona

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2012, 10:20:21 AM »
I would love to be remembered as firing a cool 108 in 2077 as I'd be well over 100. I would love for the obit to note that I was:
1. Happy to shoot better than my age.
2. happy to be able to swing my arms and actually play golf at that age.
3. Happy to still be breathing.
4. Hopefully I passed after completing the round. If not, I hope I was considerate enough to let the groups behind me play through.
5. If a 108 was posted by me, the bets I won had better been settled quickly as I really dislike people who don't square away their wagers.

BK

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back