News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brian_Ewen

Darley, Belleisle in Ayrshire to be redesigned
« on: May 23, 2024, 02:05:13 AM »

Plans to enhance the playing experience at Darley and Belleisle golf courses in South Ayrshire, Scotland, have taken a step forward: Pangaea Golf Architecture co-founders and directors Stuart Rennie and Jeff Danner are leading the two-course project in collaboration with Open winner Paul Lawrie.
https://www.golfcourseindustry.com/news/darley-belleisle-scotland-pangaea-lawrie-redesign/

Niall C

Re: Darley, Belleisle in Ayrshire to be redesigned
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2024, 04:37:28 AM »
I'm slightly conflicted with this one. I met and played a round of golf last year with Stuart Rennie as he hosted myself and another GCA'er at Dornoch. Really good company and mad keen on golf course architecture. I wish him well. At the same time I have a great fondness for the Darley which is one of those courses that is a bit of an adventure. I hope they don't tweak it to make it more conventional.

Niall

Carl Johnson

Re: Darley, Belleisle in Ayrshire to be redesigned
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2024, 06:28:39 PM »
I'll be curious to see what they do to Belleisle.  I played there about 20 years ago to have the experience of an historic parkland pubic course (tucked into our links play) and for what it was, it seemed just fine to me.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back