News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Paul Rudovsky

"Phantom of the Opera" and The Lido
« on: May 22, 2024, 02:46:07 AM »
This past Saturday evening Pat and I went to a show in Pinehurst featuring the local Orchestra playing great songs from Broadway plays.  Not surprisingly, two of the selections were from "Phantom of the Opera."  As we listened I thought back to reading about "Phantom" back in the 1970's, before it was revived about 20 years later.  The write-ups described it as the greatest play ever and in my mind it is.

When I finally saw the revival, I quickly understood its greatness (and probably have seen it another 5 times since). 

I then realized that in a strange way..."Phantom" is like The Lido (or vice versa)...as I recall reading praises of Lido before it was re-created and opened last year.  Although thus far I have only played Lido once!

Interesting parallel, I think!

David Wuthrich

Re: "Phantom of the Opera" and The Lido
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2024, 01:03:28 PM »
Agree, love them both!

Tommy Williamsen

Re: "Phantom of the Opera" and The Lido
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2024, 01:09:31 PM »
[color=var(--color-emphasized,#000)]Paul, I understand the parallel, but I think it would be more like discovering a long-lost play by Aeschylus. The literary world would be buzzing like the golf world is about Lido.[/color]
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back