News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Young

How much maintenance is too much maintenance?
« on: May 20, 2024, 05:54:59 PM »
Last week myself and a couple of friends went on a little golf trip.  Played three courses.  Two had excessive maintenance by my standards and one was good, solid, basic maintenance and IMHO was the best designed of the three.  It was a Maples course and I have always appreciated the solid routings with good simple strategy and mostly single plane greens with a few subtle internal contours.  The other two were jacked up contours and extreme hand maintenance and watering.  I saw no comparison in architectural merit but my friends could not see past the maintenance.  People really can't even learn the game on some of this stuff and it cost to take care of it....When does it stop?
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Joe Hancock

Re: How much maintenance is too much maintenance?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2024, 06:40:06 PM »
There’s no money in doing less……I said it 15 years or so ago, it’ll always be true.
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back