News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Pierre C

Re: Scotland accommodations advice
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2024, 12:07:44 AM »

Lance,

Jigger Inn is good place. The food & drinks are actually good - thanks Kholer. Menu is simple, but there is enough variety for everyone. The inside of Jigger is basically empty during the day, as most ppl sit outside and watch approach shots into the 17th green. I would expect the Jigger to be busy at night with guests from Old Course Hotel.

Dunvegan isn't bad and gets a mix crowd b/c of its location, still mostly golfers. Generally stays busy all day and into the evening.

One place I would recommend is Jannette's Gelateria - https://jannettas.co.uk/ If you go, go early or late in the day, lines get long. It's not worth waiting in line. The gelatos are very good and they have a lot of interesting flavors. We went for a morning latte and decided to get a gelato. I was impress w/ the gelato.

Not sure if you have an extra day for golf. If you are staying in N. Berwick, I would recommend you play The Glen G.C. - https://www.glengolfclub.co.uk/ It is the other course in N. Berwick, referred to as East Links. Fun & good course.

[size=1.375rem]
Thanks Pierre, any insight on the Jigger Inn, Dunvegan?   Bummer about Forgans as I booked that a couple weeks ago! Lol. Lance
[/size]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 12:19:18 AM by Pierre Cruikshank »
"If there is a 50-50 chance that something can go wrong, then nine times out of 10 it will."
— Paul Harvey

David_Tepper

Re: Scotland accommodations advice
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2024, 04:17:29 AM »
Greetings from Dornoch.

In terms of both quantity and quality the dining options in Dornoch are better than they have ever been in the 20 years I have been visiting here.

As PC has just mentioned, recent additions Mara and Golden Grouse/Dornoch Station Hotel are very good. Luigi and the Royal Golf Hotel have also been very good thru the years. Greens (based in Tain and very good) has been operating the cafe space upstairs in the Courthouse for over 2 years and serves dinner Thursday thru Sunday.

Surf & Turf for takeout fish & chips is good. Even the Chinese takeaway has gotten better.

Dornoch is very busy these days. Booking a table at least 2-3 days in advance is highly recommended.  takeout
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 04:23:29 AM by David_Tepper »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back