News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Addison King

54 hole club - Jupiter/Hobe Sound
« on: February 26, 2022, 02:14:34 PM »
Listened to a podcast with Gil Hanse and Mike Davis and Mike referenced a new 54 hole facility that he was working on in the Jupiter Hobe Sound area. Mike Pascucci (Sebonack) and Steve Ross (Miami Dolphins owner) are partnering on the project. Has anyone heard who will be doing the other 2 courses or anything else on this project?

There seems to be a lot of new courses being built in northern Palm Beach county. Grove XXIII (Bobby Weed), Jonathan’s Landing Match at Old Trail (Hanse), MacArthur 2nd course (Coore & Crenshaw), and Panther National (Nicklaus and Thomas).

Steve Lapper

Re: 54 hole club - Jupiter/Hobe Sound
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 02:18:47 PM »
I could be wrong, but I believe Tommy Fazio Jr. (nephew) is involved with this project and will design at least one of the other courses.

FWIW, there are close to 2-3 more courses (in addition to the ones you've mentioned) on their way to the being built in the area.
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

archie_struthers

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 03:24:03 PM »
 :P :P

Lots of money in the top 1%...not many others will have access to any of these IMHO

Tim Martin

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 04:08:18 PM »
I could be wrong, but I believe Tommy Fazio Jr. (nephew) is involved with this project and will design at least one of the other courses.

FWIW, there are close to 2-3 more courses (in addition to the ones you've mentioned) on their way to the being built in the area.

Tommy Fazio Jr. renovated Tequesta just north of Jupiter which was designed by Dick Wilson  I liked the golf course but can’t speak to the original or what state it was in before he did the work.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 04:17:10 PM by Tim Martin »

Drew Harvie

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2022, 05:01:01 PM »
Is it not Fazio Jr./Davis, Hanse, and Nicklaus? That's what I thought.

Kyle Casella

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 02:27:12 PM »
Three courses and a short course. No residential but will have cabins. Mike Davis + Fazio II on course one. Moving an astronomical amount of dirt. Courses two and three up in the air but have heard possibly Kyle Phillips in the mix for course two, with Nicklaus and others under consideration.

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2022, 11:53:46 AM »
Just curious, where is this going to be built? I heard a rumor that a big national developer bought some land in Hobe Sound near I95 and there is going to be housing associated with it somewhere off Bridge Road. In the past, Martin County has been very anti development and this is in the middle of nowhere. It will be interesting to learn more about this.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Jeff Schley

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2022, 11:38:10 PM »
Just curious, where is this going to be built? I heard a rumor that a big national developer bought some land in Hobe Sound near I95 and there is going to be housing associated with it somewhere off Bridge Road. In the past, Martin County has been very anti development and this is in the middle of nowhere. It will be interesting to learn more about this.
Yes, I'm wondering myself. Is this already purchased and approved for use etc.? Doesn't sound cheap that's for sure.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2022, 06:28:30 AM »
Yes, I'm wondering myself. Is this already purchased and approved for use etc.? Doesn't sound cheap that's for sure.

Our Plans with Three Lakes Golf Club (threelakesmartin.com)
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Jeff Schley

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2022, 07:25:49 AM »
Thanks Anthony.  Although still seeing the word "proposed" quite a bit. Impressive site plan, but wonder where they are in the approvals which would remove the "proposed" and have a link to membership I would think afterwards. Or perhaps it will be so $ and exclusive it will be like Grove XXIII and done privately to get the "right$$$" members.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Steve Lapper

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2022, 07:27:52 AM »
This but one of several (in addition to what's already been mentioned) new multi-course developments planned for this area.

Some well-known developers (whom I can't currently reveal) and current club owners are in various stages of proposing these projects. From what I understand, all the actual land has been procured or optioned.
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Jonathan Webb

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2022, 09:04:31 AM »

Jonathan Webb

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2022, 09:12:39 AM »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back