News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

YOK 2 in Green Lake, Wisconsin (aka Lawsonia-Links Course)
« on: August 07, 2021, 09:43:33 AM »
As indicated in the first thread (https://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,70069.0.html) 2021 involved a celebration of golf and life, so off we went to a portion of the American midwest. YOK2 brings us to Green Lake, Wisconsin. There are two courses on property. While I'm certain that the other course is a fine example of woodland golf, it wasn't on our radar. I rechecked our tee time numerous days, to be certain that I had selected the course that we wanted.

To recognize the squirrely one, aka JAKA, I have not embellished any of the images. Have a look.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 06:35:02 PM by Ronald Montesano »
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Ronald Montesano

Re: YOK 2 in Green Lake, Wisconsin (aka Lawsonia-Links Course)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 06:56:32 PM »
Lawsonia Links was the second course of our YOK sojourn, and the first new one for me. What a massive scale! I believe that I could speak for days about what a wondrous routing is on the ground there. What is especially neat is that the course winds its way, at least for a time, through the grounds of the conference center of which it is a part. These are buildings from another era, and they are a delight.

The golf course is everything that I could ever hope to encounter. Width, hungry maws, oceanic putting surfaces, intercontinental sight lines ... and motorcycle carts.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

RJ_Daley

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 12:01:46 AM »
Some of your photo angles are unique, not often looked at in that way, IMHO.   I'm out of the loop these days and hadn't heard of motorcycles golf carts.  Playing Lawsonia in a cart is not my cup of tea unless it is a necessity of second round fatigue or physical handicap need.  So, I reckon I am glad I am out of the loop for that sorry sight...
Happy to hear Kevin and Ron made a great tour of the area.   8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2021, 06:10:37 AM »
RJ, et al.

The motorcycle carts were a site to be seen. Not weighing in pro or con, simply testifying.

LL was our only riding round of the trip, so we had to avail ourselves of carts. It allowed me to transport my full photo pack, which allowed me to gain some of the perspectives you cited. Thank you for the (I think?) compliment on the photos.

Wisconsin was a wonderful host. I ate cheese curds everywhere and really enjoyed all of the people that I met. Only the fellow who knew everything in the Wisconsin Rapids hotel lobby was off-putting, and I suspect he was itinerant, and not from the state.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back