News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

PCCraig

Re: Winter Golf Trip Idea Request
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2013, 10:19:22 AM »
Thank you for all the responses, guys. They have been very helpful.

As great as a South African or Australian trip would be, this was intended to be more along the lines of a long weekend to someplace warm enough for a beach or pool. I think Casa de Campo or Cabo seem to be closest to what I was thinking.

With regards to Casa de Campo, does anyone have advice as to how to best get there? Seems that most of the travel times are in the 20+ hour range from Minneapolis with a couple stops. Am I missing something?

Casa de Campo - best winter golf in the world.
H.P.S.

Carl Nichols

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2013, 10:34:07 AM »

As great as a South African or Australian trip would be, this was intended to be more along the lines of a long weekend to someplace warm enough for a beach or pool. I think Casa de Campo or Cabo seem to be closest to what I was thinking.

With regards to Casa de Campo, does anyone have advice as to how to best get there? Seems that most of the travel times are in the 20+ hour range from Minneapolis with a couple stops. Am I missing something?

How about Minneapolis --> Atlanta/Dulles/Miami/Houston/DFW ---> Santo Domingo, then drive about 90 minutes to Casa de Campo.  

PCCraig

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2013, 10:39:49 AM »

How about Minneapolis --> Atlanta/Dulles/Miami/Houston/DFW ---> Santo Domingo, then drive about 90 minutes to Casa de Campo.  

How's the drive? Easy? safe?
H.P.S.

Jud_T

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2013, 10:40:56 AM »
Both are a long way to go for a long weekend.  Go to Phoenix/Scottsdale, play WeKoPa Saguaro, Talking Stick North and Desert Forest.  Eat chicken and waffles at Lolo's, pizza at Pizzeria Bianco, mexican at Barrio Cafe and sushi at Hana, hit Taliesin West, spa at Sanctuary and take in a Coyotes or Suns game. All within an easy 3 hour flight...
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Jason Topp

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2013, 10:57:09 AM »

I do not know if the highway has opened yet but if not, this gives you some idea:

I slowed down for a stop light and about got run over because all of the other cars accelerated.  The rule of the road is that the bigger vehicle has the right of way.  

You need a sense of adventure and a full day to get there and a full day to return.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:58:47 AM by Jason Topp »

Chris Munoz

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2013, 11:29:52 AM »
best bet to get to Casa De Campo from the US, is to fly into Puntacana and drive the 30 minutes or less on the new highway-Coral.  However, ticket prices a little bit higher through Puntacana.  check flying into Santo Domingo.  take about 1 hour or so, depending on traffic.  if you want to explore casa, let me know.

all the best. 
Christian C. Munoz
Assistant Superintendent Corales
PUNTACANA Resort & Club
www.puntacana.com

Carl Nichols

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2013, 11:40:20 AM »

In 2001, I drove from Santo Domingo through La Romana to Punta Cana with my wife and mother-in-law (!), before the highway to Punta Cana was available/finished for the entire route.  The drive from Santo Domingo to La Romana was mostly pretty easy and had some quite scenic parts.  The rest of the drive (from La Romana to Punta Cana) looked just like Jason's picture.  The highway is now mostly finished.  I personally think the SD-->Casa de Campo drive is perfectly fine and will take you no more than 90 mins.  It's 60 miles.  

Jim_Coleman

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2013, 06:34:22 PM »
    There are three ways to get to Casa de Campo.  Go to Miami and into La Romana - airport 5 minutes from hotel.  Go to Punta Cana as best you can -  45 minute drive on new highway.  Go to Santo Domingo as best you can - 50 minute drive if new road is finished in Nov., as scheduled; otherwise, 75 minutes.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back