News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ed Tilley

What a difference a year makes
« on: July 05, 2016, 07:49:39 AM »
The gods are p***ing down on England in so many ways this summer. These photos are of the 12th and 14th holes on the Red course at Frilford Heath. They were taken both yesterday and early July 2015. Is anywhere in the UK playing properly firm and fast at the moment?

12th
Last year

This year

14th
Last year

This year

Thomas Dai

Re: What a difference a year makes
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 08:34:09 AM »
Maybe not the degree of p...ing it down further to the west of you but certainly green and lush wherever I've played, including sand based courses. Very little fairway roll so courses playing long. Not so easy to play, or even have the incentive to play, the ground game into the greens at the moment. Lush, slow fairways and firm and fast (but well drained) greens, not normally a recipe for low scoring in the UK.
Atb
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 08:37:32 AM by Thomas Dai »

Niall C

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 08:44:28 AM »
If you had asked a week or so ago I'd have said the west coast of Scotland. Fairways looked like your last years photos. Since then we've had a bit of rain which have greened them up some but still fairly firm. The forecast is a wee bit mixed between now and next Thursday but expect Troon will play like a links for the Open.

Niall

David Davis

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 08:56:23 AM »
I would suggest you can significantly raise the prices and make them all ultra high end private parkland courses for this year only.

Just a thought  ;D  Shame I left England off the rota this year. I think California is experiencing the ideal golf draught. (ok, I know it's not, but yellow, brown fast and firm trumps ultra soft wet and lush heathland any day.
Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back