News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Re: Saving the Red-Legged Frog at Sharp Park
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2009, 03:14:22 PM »
Slag B. -

There was a hearing on Sharp Park before a committee at City Hall in SF last nite. My guess is the "powers that be" are beginning to realize this is a far more complicated issue than originally thought and it will be many months, if not years, before any final decisions are made.

The good news is the the mayor of Pacifica, where the course is located, is very much on the record for wanting to see the course remain open, with a full 18 holes in play.

More info at:  www.sfpublicgolf.com   

DT

Bill_McBride

« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2009, 07:29:31 PM »
Slag B. -

There was a hearing on Sharp Park before a committee at City Hall in SF last nite. My guess is the "powers that be" are beginning to realize this is a far more complicated issue than originally thought and it will be many months, if not years, before any final decisions are made.

The good news is the the mayor of Pacifica, where the course is located, is very much on the record for wanting to see the course remain open, with a full 18 holes in play.

More info at:  www.sfpublicgolf.com   

DT

But is he willing to invest the City of Pacifica's money into capital expenditures as well as improved O&M?

David_Tepper

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2009, 09:23:13 PM »
Bill -

The mayor of Pacifica is, in this case, a she!
In our local political climate, that is likely a plus. ;)

My guess is Pacifica's municipal finances are in no better shape than San Fran's.
The bad news is that there is no money available to improve the golf course.
The good news is that there is no money available to turn the golf course into a nature preserve.

The status is quo.

DT 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back