News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Stamm

For the record.......
« on: December 21, 2007, 05:52:00 PM »
I want to say that Tommy asked me to post his farewell because he had already deleted his account last night and felt he should say goodbye. I can't speak for him and frankly it's my not place to do so. I'm sure he will contact those who want to know the why's, if he hasn't done so already. There wasn't any "drama" planned by having me do it, he felt he should say something and I offered to help. I thought it was the least I could do for a friend and one of the best contributors on the site. In the end, it's only a website. He's got his reasons and I, for one, will respect his position whether I agree with them or not. On with the show....
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Lynn_Shackelford

Re:For the record.......
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 06:49:18 PM »
A long and winding road, all things must pass, I've got a feeling we should let it be.
It must be kept in mind that the elusive charm of the game suffers as soon as any successful method of standardization is allowed to creep in.  A golf course should never pretend to be, nor is intended to be, an infallible tribunal.
               Tom Simpson

Mike Benham

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 07:25:21 PM »

Speaking words of wisdom, let it be ....
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Dan King

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 09:53:52 PM »
Get back to where you once belonged.

Cheers,
Grandan King
He roller-coaster he got early warning
He got muddy water he one mojo filter
He say "one and one and one is three"
Got to be good-looking 'cause he's so hard to see
Come together right now over me

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 01:09:47 AM »
Hey Tommy, don't have your email address handy...hope to see you some time in '08.

Go Bears in the Armed Services Bowl.

Go (Barry-free) Giants.
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

David Stamm

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 12:26:48 PM »
I look at the floor
And I see that it needs sweeping......
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 12:41:30 PM »
My favorite beatle lyric:

"Something in the way she moves.......
I don't need no other putter" ;)
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

wsmorrison

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 02:04:32 PM »
I was hoping this would be post Number 9, but....

I want to tell you that Yesterday my friend Tom Nacarrato said to me You won’t see me on Golfclubatlas.com.  Some say It’s All too much ado about nothing.   Tomorrow never knows if There’s a place for him to come back.  Please, please, please don’t Ask me why or What goes on.  Wait some time and he probably will return In my life.  The word is he got tired of being a moderator for the site.  Ok, Altogether now, we can say “I want you to Get Back.”  Because we must, we’ll just have to Carry that weight without Tommy For no one can take his place.  Even though Here today he said “I don’t’ want to spoil the party,” he did.  I’m a loser, but If you want to know a secret, I feel more of a loss without him.

I will say that Yer blues will go away in time, though it feels like they’re here Eight days a week.  I’m so tired but Here, there and everywhere,  in the words of JL, All you need is love.  So, in The end Tommy, all we can see is come back for A taste of honey.  As Your mother should know, The Magical Mystery Tour needs you.

P.S. I love you
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 02:05:33 PM by Wayne Morrison »

Kyle Harris

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 02:13:04 PM »
Wayne,

I've got to admit it's getting better.

TEPaul

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2007, 02:16:31 PM »
Wayno, you super weird DoDo bird have you completely lost your mind??

If you EVER start talking to me in song verse I promise I'll eject you right through the sunroof on the New Jersey turnpike!!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 02:18:21 PM by TEPaul »

Joe Hancock

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 02:18:35 PM »
Wayne,

You are much more ambitious whacko than I. I mean it.

Your normal friend,

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

John Kirk

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2007, 02:18:58 PM »
Wayne,

Thanks for including "I Don't Want To Spoil The Party", a personal favorite.

Very clever!

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2007, 03:10:27 PM »
I'd rather see you dead little girl, than to see you with another Ran.

David Stamm

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2007, 03:53:28 PM »
I was hoping this would be post Number 9, but....

I want to tell you that Yesterday my friend Tom Nacarrato said to me You won’t see me on Golfclubatlas.com.  Some say It’s All too much ado about nothing.   Tomorrow never knows if There’s a place for him to come back.  Please, please, please don’t Ask me why or What goes on.  Wait some time and he probably will return In my life.  The word is he got tired of being a moderator for the site.  Ok, Altogether now, we can say “I want you to Get Back.”  Because we must, we’ll just have to Carry that weight without Tommy For no one can take his place.  Even though Here today he said “I don’t’ want to spoil the party,” he did.  I’m a loser, but If you want to know a secret, I feel more of a loss without him.

I will say that Yer blues will go away in time, though it feels like they’re here Eight days a week.  I’m so tired but Here, there and everywhere,  in the words of JL, All you need is love.  So, in The end Tommy, all we can see is come back for A taste of honey.  As Your mother should know, The Magical Mystery Tour needs you.

P.S. I love you

Well done Mr Morrison! That was quite clever! :D

wsmorrison

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 04:27:27 PM »
Thanks, guys.  Hey, Tom.  Don't worry, I won't be talking to you in song verse.  We can just sit back and enjoy your Judy Garland CDs and show tunes while stuck in traffic from the NJ Turnpike all the way to Shinnecock Hills  :P ;D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 04:28:37 PM by Wayne Morrison »

Kyle Harris

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2007, 04:38:51 PM »
His name was John, he called himself Barney, but everyone new him as Jaka...

My favorite Beatles line:
Her name was Magill,
she called herself Lil,
but everyone knew her as Nancy...

Eric Pevoto

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2007, 06:26:58 PM »
"You know my name, look up the numba..."  Lennon/McCartney
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 11:18:52 PM by Eric Pevoto »
There's no home cooking these days.  It's all microwave.Bill Kittleman

Golf doesn't work for those that don't know what golf can be...Mike Nuzzo

Bill Brightly

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2007, 09:09:00 PM »
Wayno, you super weird DoDo bird have you completely lost your mind??

If you EVER start talking to me in song verse I promise I'll eject you right through the sunroof on the New Jersey turnpike!!

Tom

Do it near exit 8A, there is a great Banks course where Wayne can wait for a ride home...

John_Cullum

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2007, 09:13:30 PM »
I played Tommy's farewell address backwards. It said somebody was dead
Raynor was a hack

wsmorrison

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2007, 09:52:09 PM »
Bill,

I've played it.  It may be a great Banks course, but.... :-\

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back