News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

Thankyou, Mark Rowlinson
« on: August 26, 2004, 09:43:36 PM »
I can't thank you enough for both your book on Golf in
England and Wales and your threads on the same.  I used them exstensively on my last trip to England and
Wales.  I never would have played Pennard if not for your comments.  And you can sing as well?!?  And I thought rennaisance men were a thing of the past.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

TEPaul

Re:Thankyou, Mark Rowlinson
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 10:58:02 PM »
I spent the last two days with the elusive Ran Morrissett (and we still don't know each other THAT well, believe me!). Mention was made tonight at dinner how much more valuable GOLFCLUBATLAS.com would be if we only had a few more contributors (at least) from England like Mark Rowlinson!

Bill_McBride

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 11:12:42 PM »
Believe me, one Mark Rowlinson is worth many lesser contributors!  Mark is an incredible resource and willing to share his knowledge of all things English in the golf world.  Thanks to Ran and GCA for making this communication possible.  The powers of the Internet are unbelievable; this is a prime example.  And thanks, Mark!

Marc Haring

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 06:22:55 AM »
I am constantly astounded by Mark’s knowledge of practically every course in the British Isles and most of Europe for that matter. Thank you Mark.

Impeccable manners are a nice touch as well.

Willie_Dow

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 04:30:17 PM »
And I cannot wait for his next edition of "The World Atlas of Golf"  !!

Willie

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2004, 11:40:03 AM »
Willie,

I can't wait either - I need the money!  Seriously, I don't know when there will be another edition.  Almost certainly it will be sprung upon me with a few weeks' turnround and a very limited budget for new art work.  I raised the subject some time ago on this site and I had a fantastic reponse of positive criticism, helpful suggestions etc.  I have them all filed away waiting for D-Day, as it were.  I just hope there's the budget to accommodate some of the many very positive suggestions as well as eliminating howlers, gaffs and pure ignorance.

Willie_Dow

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2004, 09:07:33 AM »
Mark, with all the changes to famous courses in efforts to design around the implements & balls, a new edition of the World Atlas is much in demand.  You are the only one to do it right, and you need time to assemble the rewrite.

Willie

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2004, 09:15:27 AM »
Willie,

How kind of you, but I'm not the right person - there are so many on this site who know so much more and could make the book so much more accurate, but I don't think there'll be a budget to make that possible.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back