News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve Wilson

Re: BUDA 2019 - Goswick and Dunstanburgh Castle 6-8 September
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2018, 09:05:32 AM »
I hope to make it.  Somehow I ended up with an unopened bottle of Balvenie Doublewood which I feel I should bring along.  As long as we have it, we will have Uncle Bill in spirit(s).   And yes, it's great to have this planned so far in advance.   
Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Jay Mickle

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2018, 09:26:25 AM »
I've always wanted to attend a BUDA, I have added this one to my calendar. Almost 11 months of anticipation.

@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Sean_A

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2018, 09:41:22 AM »
I've always wanted to attend a BUDA, I have added this one to my calendar. Almost 11 months of anticipation.

Jay

Do a plus 1 and get Eric to come.

Ciao
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 10:50:37 AM by Sean_A »
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Rich Goodale

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2018, 10:07:19 AM »
Jay

If you come, bring Ran and Fritz along and we'll have 5/7 of THE GCA wedding party in Edinburgh!

See you soon

Rich

Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Dave Herrick

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2018, 10:50:01 AM »
If it's half as much fun as Golspie/Brora how can I miss it?
Please count me in.
Dave Herrick

Michael Graham

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2018, 11:23:20 AM »
Good stuff Dave, I’m looking forward to a repeat of our Golspie singles match. Hopefully we can get a pre or post Buda round at North Berwick.

mike_malone

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2018, 10:09:13 PM »
Feels like with all the N.Berwick guys we should do something there as a group.
AKA Mayday

Stan Dodd

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2018, 10:47:50 PM »
Mr. Pearce,
Count me in only if I get a match with you! Thanks for the notice , my plans are under way.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2018, 06:45:56 AM »
Mr. Pearce,
Count me in only if I get a match with you! Thanks for the notice , my plans are under way.
Principal Dodd,

I'm sure that can be arranged.  I'll look forawrd to it!
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2018, 04:09:20 PM »
Mark

Very fine.  I would like to play if you are considering 18 hole a day guys.

Ciao
Of course, Sean.  Always a spot for you.

In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2018, 04:11:06 PM »
Mark,

Great work and thanks for organising.

Unfortunately I'm not sure I'll be able to attend on those dates. Every September (apart from when Buda occasionally shifts month) I have 2 golf trips, Buda is one, the other is an Inter Regional architects tournament attended by architects from all over GB&I (we've even had a USA team these past couple of years!)

Its always been on my mind that at some point the 2 trips would clash, so it had to happen sooner or later and this looks to be it. I'd find it very difficult to miss Buda, especially at Goswick which I'm really keen to see. But I'd also find it very difficult to miss the Inter Regional tournament, especially as I Captain the side and we will also be hosting the tournament the following year.

The Inter Regional tournament is 8 and 9 Sept in Northern Ireland next year. One possibility could be to play the first day of Buda only, before travelling to Northern Ireland, but I understand how awkward it would be to have someone attend for just one day...

Ben Stephens is in the same boat as me with this unfortunately...

Cheers,

James

James,

We'd love to see you and Ben on the Friday and, of course, at as much of the pre-BUDA golf as you can manage.

James Boon

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2018, 05:15:18 PM »
Thanks Mark,
Looking forward to a day at Buda and hopefully a day before somewhere catching up with plenty of attendees before heading off to my other golf trip!
Cheers,
James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Lou_Duran

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2018, 05:31:23 PM »
Well, if chances are that James is not going to be there to savage me, I better clear my schedule.  Is there train service nearby from Scotland?   

Sean_A

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2018, 05:38:26 PM »
Mark

Very fine.  I would like to play if you are considering 18 hole a day guys.

Ciao
Of course, Sean.  Always a spot for you.

Very fine.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Mark Pearce

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2018, 01:40:04 AM »
Well, if chances are that James is not going to be there to savage me, I better clear my schedule.  Is there train service nearby from Scotland?   
The East Coast mainline runs alongside the course at Goswick.  There are stops at Berwick and Alnwick, from where I'm sure lifts are available.  There are also express buses from Berwick station to the Lord Crewe Arms in Bamburgh which, I suspect, at least some pests will end up staying at.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 10:32:14 AM by Mark Pearce »

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2018, 10:15:42 AM »
I have yet to attend a BUDA Cup event, but hoping that 2019 is that year!  Count me in for now, will work on logistics here on the home front.  ;D 8)
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2018, 07:15:54 AM »
Do we have space for one of my mates? Tony Howard is interested and lives fairly near.
M.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Mike Hendren

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2018, 10:34:43 AM »
Just day-dreaming a little today.  New non-stop air from Nashville to London.  Is taking a train up viable?

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Jason Topp

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2018, 10:38:11 AM »
Count me in.  I am going to make this happen.

Michael Graham

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2018, 10:39:36 AM »
Just day-dreaming a little today.  New non-stop air from Nashville to London.  Is taking a train up viable?

Bogey

Michael

The main east coast London-Edinburgh line has daily services which stop off at Berwick-upon-Tweed. From there it's a short car/cab journey to Goswick. Easily done.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2018, 10:41:05 AM »

Bogey

What MG said.

Three and a half hours from Kings Cross. DO IT!
Alternatively, there will be cars coming up from down there...
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Bob Montle

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2018, 01:45:00 PM »
If I'm still alive, I shall be there.
Looking forward to meeting those of you I only know as names on this site or as facebook friends.
"If you're the swearing type, golf will give you plenty to swear about.  If you're the type to get down on yourself, you'll have ample opportunities to get depressed.  If you like to stop and smell the roses, here's your chance.  Golf never judges; it just brings out who you are."

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2018, 04:25:28 PM »

Bogey
Bogey - we will get you sorted. Just get yourself over and transportation will be relatively easy. As Marty says, there will be a few driving up from London (or taking the train). The train from Kings Cross station is an easy trip and there will be numerous Buda-pests on the other end to help you get around.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2018, 04:30:00 PM »
This isn't that far off as I just purchased tickets to see ELO in July and Buda is but 2 months thereafter.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2018, 03:51:14 PM »
The East Coast mainline runs right by the 7th hole at Goswick.  There'll be pre-BUDA golf on offer in Newcastle.  This is a train friendly BUDA.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back