GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

Royal Worlington & Newmarket (Add On)

(1/5) > >>

Steve_Roths:
What would the Group recommend as a second round if I was to play Royal Worlington & Newmarket in the AM for an upcoming trip later this year?

Thanks.

Niall C:
Steve

I don't mean to sound flippant when I say you want to make sure you go round it at least twice ie 18 holes. It's certainly worth it if you haven't been there before. I'd also take a bit of time to stop and have a quiet drink and take in the ambience of the place.

I'm sure that wasn't exactly what you were asking but I'll leave it to others to recommend nearby courses.

Niall

Steve_Roths:
I am in the boat where I want to see everything I can once.

So, I was thinking, wrongly that I would tee off at 8.  Be done at 9:30 and drive 90 minutes and see somewhere else.

I don't drink so I would probably not take that opportunity that you suggested.  I'm kind of boring in that regard.

Thank you for replying though.

Sean_A:
While I agree with Niall that two rounds is the way to go with the Sacred 9, if you are willing to play only 9 and jump in the car for 90 minutes, then Hunstanton and Brancaster are two prime courses to play. However, much depends on where you are going afterwards etc.

Ciao

Niall C:
Steve

Happy to respond. I played the course after what seemed like a 5 day camel ride down from Scotland but in reality was about 7 or 8 hours in a car. Despite that I couldn't wait to go round a second time. I suspect you would kick yourself later if you didn't. You should also manage to do 18 holes in just over a couple of hours at that time of day, I'd have thought.

The clubhouse is quite small but charming and has a nice setting looking out to the course, so whether you are spending 10/15 mins having a coffee or beer, it would still be worthwhile. For me, there are a few terrific holes but it is the overall ambience of the place that makes it special and I think that's what you want to make sure you savour.

Niall

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version