News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

ward peyronnin

Re: "Scottish" GCA Winter get together
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2018, 05:37:08 PM »
Mark

Please consider me present in absentia.

Cheers to All
Ward
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Niall C

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2018, 07:59:14 AM »
Mark

If it doesn't screw up the numbers I'd be very happy to join you.

Niall

David McIntosh

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2018, 09:23:11 AM »
Not so much Winter but Spring.

Elie have times available on Sunday 18 March, if people are interested.  The winter weekend rate is £48 but I can sign 3 guests on at £10 and we can average the cost over how ever many decide to play.  So, who's up for 18 March at Elie?

Hi Mark,

Thanks for organising but I’m not around that weekend so won’t be able to join unfortunately.

Andy Stamm

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2018, 02:26:08 PM »
Unfortunately I've got a diary clash with the 17th because an outing at Elie sounds great.

If the Elie game happens is there any interest in a game in St Andrews on the 16th, perhaps a nice add on for those traveling from afar? If there is, I may be able to arrange something attractive.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 02:37:00 PM by Andy Stamm »

Colin Shellard

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2018, 08:33:42 AM »
Sorry Guys - I'd forgotten about this thread - let me check the diary (code for see if I can get permission from Mrs S!) and I'll get back to you. I'm assuming 6, including me would be better than 5?

Col

Mark Pearce

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2018, 04:46:40 PM »
Colin,

Any news on availability?

All,

We currently have 6 or 7 (depending on Mrs S!)  Any others before I firm up the tee times?

Mark

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2018, 04:49:08 PM »
Oh, how I hate it when the gang comes to Fife and I’m not home...
 :'(
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2018, 06:04:31 PM »
I’m up for it if my caddie can come along as well.
Cave Nil Vino

Mark Pearce

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2018, 07:09:27 PM »
I’m up for it if my caddie can come along as well.
As a player or a caddie?  Either fine but makes a difference between 2 four balls or three three balls.....

Colin Shellard

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2018, 12:12:06 PM »
Colin,

Any news on availability?

All,

We currently have 6 or 7 (depending on Mrs S!)  Any others before I firm up the tee times?

Mark
Apologies Mark - I'm going to have to pass. Had forgotten it is my niece's birthday on the 18th...

Hopefully catch some of you guys soon.

Col

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2018, 02:28:31 PM »
Mark - Nicky will come and caddie for me as she is “in training”.

Just need meet up time and is Ellie jacket and tie?
Cave Nil Vino

Mark Pearce

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2018, 03:32:45 PM »
Mark,

Jacket and tie only needed if you want to go into the Smoke Room, where smoking is, of course, banned.  There's a spike bar, where I imagine most will congregate.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2018, 02:09:21 PM »
Tee is booked at 11.16 and 11.23.  I'll aim to be there around 10.15.  See you all at Elie on 18th.

Ian Galbraith

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2018, 03:23:55 PM »
Tee is booked at 11.16 and 11.23.  I'll aim to be there around 10.15.  See you all at Elie on 18th.

Excellent - not too early :)

I'll be driving through Edinburgh from N. Berwick if anyone wants picked up ??

Ian

Sean_A

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2018, 03:34:58 AM »

Very fine.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Turnberry, Isle of Harris, Benbecula, Askernish, Traigh, St Medan, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Mark Pearce

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2018, 08:29:22 AM »
I gather Elie was closed this morning because of a covering of snow.  I'll check later to see if it has opened.  Worth checking in the morning that it's open.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2018, 10:08:47 AM »
Course re-opened at lunchtime.  Unless there's further snow or a heavy frost it will be open in the morning.  It might be Spring but this is going to feel like a Winter outing!

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2018, 03:35:28 PM »
Will call before setting off. It didn’t snow in St Andrews before lunch but there’s been several flurries since. Sea was crashing over the harbour wall in spectacular fashion at Anstruther this afternoon.
Cave Nil Vino

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2018, 03:36:04 PM »

Course re-opened at lunchtime.  Unless there's further snow or a heavy frost it will be open in the morning.  It might be Spring but this is going to feel like a Winter outing!

It would be rather ironic if this turned out to be the coldest of the meetings so far given it's date. See you all tomorrow.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2018, 08:12:41 PM »

It would be rather ironic if this turned out to be the coldest of the meetings so far given it's date. See you all tomorrow.
I think there's little doubt that this will be the coldest of our Winter get togethers.  I've just got home after a few beers with former colleagues in Newcastle and there's a fair bit of snow on the roads here.  See you all later this morning!

Mark Pearce

« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2018, 03:02:53 AM »
Sources tell me that there's settled snow on the ground in St Andrews.  The club at Elie haven't yet (at 7am) updated the course information, so I'm waiting to check.  Does anyone have any idea what road conditions are like?

Mark Pearce

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2018, 03:37:30 AM »
News is that the course is closed as at 7.30.  With that, and the condition of the roads in parts of NE England and Eastern Scotland, I think we'll call this off today.  I'll arrange something at Elie later in the year.  I know Niall managed to get hold of Jon and hope no-one else is on route.

Ian Galbraith

« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2018, 04:17:15 AM »
Thanks Mark, shame but the right decision made nice and early. I'll look forward to the rearranged meet up later in the year.

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2018, 04:54:51 AM »

Hi Niall,

big thanks for calling me and saving me the 6 hour round trip. I owe you a beer or whisky or maybe both next time I see you.

Mark,

that would be a good alternative to hold some a little later on. Maybe a 27 hole event including the nine holer there?

A little snow here but not much however it does feel Baltic in the wind.

Jon
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 08:33:54 AM by Jon Wiggett »

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2018, 06:03:42 AM »
Lucky you John,

It's a (ch)ill wind that blows nobody any good!

Cheers Colin

P.S,   My siblings have sent me (here in Oz) pictures of icicles hanging of Pitkerro gutters the like of which have not been seen in decades!
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back