News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

Re: Changes to St Enodoc's Tenth
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2017, 04:21:14 PM »
I can understand Scott's point, the 10th is at best ungainly and at worst, for those relying on the convential, an awful hole.  IMO, golf courses need holes like the 10th if only for controversy.  Liking or disliking the hole is immaterial.  That said, for flat bellies today, the hill can be carried making the hole a doddle...I have seen it done. 

Ciao 
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Garland Bayley

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2017, 11:10:21 PM »
Scott:

As Adam alludes, one of the things about the 10th is that you don't have to hit the drive into the fairway.  The first time I played there, not realizing the distance to the neck [and with the rough down in December], I hit my drive onto the side of the hill and then got pin high with a "baseball swing" second shot as you aptly described it. 

As I discovered at Buda, this doesn't quite work so well for lefties. 😉
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Ben Lovett

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2017, 03:22:23 PM »
I’ve now played the hole a few times and the clearing work has really opened up the green from the landing area, there is still however plenty more scope to clear out more vegetation. I do believe the stream has been moved and expanded closer to the green and is not visible due to its angle from the landing area

Ben Lovett

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2018, 10:34:10 AM »
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 10:51:39 AM by Ben Lovett »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back