News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff Evagues

Re: OT: Who's traveling where and when?
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2017, 03:47:01 PM »
Going to Scottsdale for 18 days in Feb.  Planning to play 9 rounds.
Be the ball

Tom_Doak

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2017, 04:45:24 PM »
December:  Rosapenna, Portrush, Woodhall Spa, Pedrena, Valderrama, Streamsong (!)

January:  Bel Air, New South Wales, Concord, maybe Tokyo

But I haven't swung a club so far

Jay Mickle

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2017, 04:50:41 PM »
How's Pinehurst in the winter?
Only miss about 1 week golf, but is likely the week you would plan to play.
@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2017, 08:58:50 PM »

Plan is likely first two weeks or so in NZ, then nearly a week at Barnbougle resort. Will take a side trip to King Island while at Barnbougle. Couple of days in Melbourne for SAB on the peninsula. Could be reversed.
Finalizing plans this week. Australia section is delayed a year.  Didn't look into Tara Iti because I require a power cart for medical reasons. .
Jan 23 - arrive Auckland
      25 - Kauri Cliffs 9 am
      26 - Titirangi 8 am shotgun
      28 - Arikkapakapa (Rotorua) 8 am
      29 - Wairikei 9:51
      31 - Cape Kidnappers 9 am
Feb  2 - Paraparaumu Beach 10 am
        6 - Jacks Point 12:52
       10- depart for US
Looking forward for the first time trip. Would hope to meet up with our Kiwi posters.
Terrific vacation. The "big" courses take a bit of driving to get there, but are well worth the effort.  Played Titirangi with Ash Towe. Had a great time and were the first two in the parking lot. Had a good chat with Lee Barber at Paraparaumu Beach, which had had hosted typhoon rains the day before.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 02:51:50 PM by Pete_Pittock »

Connor Dougherty

« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2017, 10:09:12 AM »
I'll be making my way back to the west coast next week from Dallas, I'm planning on playing rounds at Black Mesa on the 18th and Apache Stronghold the 19th, with possibly a round at We-Ko-Pa on the 20th if anyone is interested in joining.
"The website is just one great post away from changing the world of golf architecture.  Make it." --Bart Bradley

Jeff Shelman

« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2017, 03:45:50 PM »
I will be in the PHX area from Dec. 29 to Jan. 3.

I will probably play every day. Anyone else there then?

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2017, 04:01:27 PM »

I will be in Switzerland (Luzern area) 16th of December through the 28th and then Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England 31st of December through to 10th(ish) January. Probably little golf will be played but if anyone near either place want to meet for a drink and a chinwag just drop a line.

Jon

Charles Lund

« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2017, 03:53:03 PM »
Mornington Peninsula, February 6th to March 13th.

Hong Kong, January 24th to February 5th and March 13th to 19th.

I'm actually in San Diego most of the time between now and January 18th.

Charles Lund
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 12:11:49 AM by Charles Lund »

Rick Emerson

« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2018, 01:29:07 PM »
I’ll be in Houston Monday-Wednesday. Anyone want to play? I’m willing to drive a bit. If no ones available, I’d love suggestions. Thanks

Cal Seifert

« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2018, 11:57:23 AM »
Last week of July I'll be on Hilton Head playing Harbour Town and looking into playing Long Cove. 
Middle of August I'll be in northern Michigan and will try my best to swing Crystal Downs and kingsley into the mix, if not ill succumb to Arcadia.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 12:08:10 PM by Cal S »

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2018, 01:07:48 PM »
This works better if we know your name. Members, members everywhere.

Jake Marvin

« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2018, 02:01:01 PM »
I'll be in Pinehurst March 10-12 (PN, MP, Dormie, Tobacco, SoPines). The week after I'll be passing through Augusta, Atlanta, B'ham, Nashville, and Louisville, playing every day.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2018, 04:30:30 PM »

I will be flying from Portland to Pensacola, FL on March 24th for the celebration of brother Bill.  Set for Mossy Oak and Old Waverly in eastern MS on Mar 22/23.   If the weather here doesn't turn I might not have to unpack my Clubglove.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 04:09:03 PM by Pete_Pittock »

Charles Lund

« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2018, 08:37:36 PM »
I am out on the Mornington Peninsula outside of Mebourne for three more weeks.  Then to Hong Kong for a week on March 13th, then home.  Then to Korea and Japan from April 1st to April 15th, mostly for sightseeing and touring temple gardens. From May 23rd to June 20th, I will be in Ireland, mostly in Donegal.

Will be in the Seattle area most of time from June 20th to late October, then back to Japan, Hong Kong, and Australia on two month trip at end of year.

Getting in some mileage runs early this year to accumulate miles to redeem through my favorite airline mileage program.

Charles Lund

Colin Shellard

« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2018, 05:35:15 AM »
Driving down from Aberdeen to Machrihanish for the weekend 14th-16th April with a fourball of friends.

Can't wait - if any one else is there the same weekend would love to catch up for a pint.

Drew Groeger

« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2018, 01:51:49 PM »
I'm going to be in the Clearwater, FLA area next week. Planning on playing the nearby Ross at Dunedin (the other nearby Ross, Belleview Biltmore, is closed for renovations). Hoping to get in another round or two while I'm down there. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Jeff Schley

« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2018, 02:03:46 PM »
Heading to Abu Dhabi in March sometime for a long weekend, great time to be there.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Stewart Abramson

« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2018, 11:26:42 PM »
Arizona last week, South Carolina in March, The Greenbrier in April, Yale and Rhode island in June and Cape Bretton in August for 40th wedding anniversary. Just booked Cabot Links, Cabot Cliffs and Highlands Links yesterday. Very excited for that. My wife indulges me. :D

Jeff Schley

« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2018, 12:02:07 AM »
I am out on the Mornington Peninsula outside of Mebourne for three more weeks.  Then to Hong Kong for a week on March 13th, then home.  Then to Korea and Japan from April 1st to April 15th, mostly for sightseeing and touring temple gardens. From May 23rd to June 20th, I will be in Ireland, mostly in Donegal.

Will be in the Seattle area most of time from June 20th to late October, then back to Japan, Hong Kong, and Australia on two month trip at end of year.

Getting in some mileage runs early this year to accumulate miles to redeem through my favorite airline mileage program.

Charles Lund
Mileage Run?????  Now you are talking my language. Tell me you post on flyertalk.com, I'm quite active there and travel rewards is a big hobby of mine.
- Steve Prefontaine

Charles Lund

« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2018, 05:06:39 AM »
I picked up the jargon from OMAAT.

Last year I combined a round trip on Qantas between LAX and MEL with a side return trip on JAL between SYD and Tokyo, so I could see some gardens around the time of the Sakura.  Both JAL and Qantas have nice Premium Economy and I got to fly the 787. Got over half the miles for MVP Gold and lots of spendable miles.

As you know, miles are a form of currency.  There are some good ways to accumulate and spend miles. I am  my 36th overseas trip since the end of 2007, traveling from Vancouver to Hong Kong, with a 12 day stayover and on to Australia, then back through Hong Kong with stopover on my way to Vancouver.

The past couple of years I did five overseas trips each year and spent almost 24 weeks each year overseas.  I am probably the only person I know who enjoys flying.  I realized I was different a couple of years ago when I got to the Seattle Tacoma Airport and it felt normal.

Charles Lund

Simon Holt

« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2018, 05:00:24 AM »
I thought I would give this a whirl.

I'll be in Bandon next Friday to Monday staying at the resort.  First time visit to see if the copy of what we have in Scotland is up to scratch......

Preserve on afternoon of arrival (advise on how to get from North Bend airport to resort please?)
Pacific Dunes and Old Mac Saturday
Bandon Dunes and Trails on Sunday
Fly back to Scotland Monday.

I'm staying on property so if anyone wants to join for golf or drinks I'll be flying solo.
2011 highlights- Royal Aberdeen, Loch Lomond, Moray Old, NGLA (always a pleasure), Muirfield Village, Saucon Valley, watching the new holes coming along at The Renaissance Club.

Jeff Schley

« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2018, 02:39:23 PM »
I can't remember how to get there, but I can say that North Bend has a awesome new airport!  really cool overlooking the water and nature.
- Steve Prefontaine

Simon Holt

« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2018, 03:13:43 PM »
The resort gave me a few phone numbers for transfer companies.  $45 each way with Fairway Shuttle which is the first one I called.

Connoisseurs Golf Transportation             877-347-6433
                Aviation Transportation                                877-315-7963
                Fairway Shuttle                                                 541-808-4683
2011 highlights- Royal Aberdeen, Loch Lomond, Moray Old, NGLA (always a pleasure), Muirfield Village, Saucon Valley, watching the new holes coming along at The Renaissance Club.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2018, 03:44:23 PM »
I'll be in Houston Tuesday March 6th if anyone wants to play. Or if you prefer to show up downtown and have some drinks that is fine too. I'm looking to get hosted or toasted.

Tim Martin

« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2018, 04:09:58 PM »
I'll be in Houston Tuesday March 6th if anyone wants to play. Or if you prefer to show up downtown and have some drinks that is fine too. I'm looking to get hosted or toasted.

;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back