News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Emile Bonfiglio

Re: OT: Who's traveling where and when?
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2017, 09:51:37 PM »

Last week of September -finish quest to play every golf course in Oregon (6 remain).

First week of October  the great eastern Northwest circumnavigation, which is Gamble Sands/ Palouse Ridge/ Wine Valley/
back nine of Milton Freewater/ Silvies Ranch Hankins/ Silvies Ranch Craddock

still considering St Andrews Beach - King Island - Tasmania -NZ

Pete that is an awesome achievement to play all the courses in Oregon! Good on you! @David Davis, I'm around when you are in Portland if you want to go play someplace. To bad Stephen Davis is in CO now or we could replay our Pumpkin Ridge match from a few years back.  Hit me up if you want to get out and play.
You can follow me on twitter @luxhomemagpdx or instagram @option720

Rob Marshall

« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2017, 10:00:44 PM »
Just returned from playing upper New York. Oak Hill East, Country Club of Rochester, Corning Country Club, Mark Twain and Sodus Bay Heights. Wow. Loving the people of the great state of New York.

We're very lucky here to have a lot of great golf in the Rochester area. CCR is a gem. I could play there everyday.

Heading to Naples next week. Not sure what's open.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:02:18 PM by Rob Marshall »
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

David Davis

« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2017, 12:28:02 AM »
Anyone in Tusla tomorrow evening? Up for dinner/drinks?

Also I've a long layover in Atlanta on Sunday - 9 am to 3 pm. Golf is likely out but lunch might be nice.

PM me if you are interested.

Cheers,

DD
Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

BCowan

« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2017, 06:42:21 PM »
Just returned from playing upper New York. Oak Hill East, Country Club of Rochester, Corning Country Club, Mark Twain and Sodus Bay Heights. Wow. Loving the people of the great state of New York.

I remember you saying that u didn't golf east of Cleveland.  I play courses now that allow 5 somes.  Some crumudgeons we are

Rick Emerson

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2017, 11:40:51 AM »
I'm headed slightly east of Qingdao China Wednesday-Friday to play Tiger Beach and Weihai Point. Anyone want to hop a plane to China and tee it up? If you take the slow boat you won't make it in time.

Buck Wolter

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2017, 08:13:20 PM »
I'm headed slightly east of Qingdao China Wednesday-Friday to play Tiger Beach and Weihai Point. Anyone want to hop a plane to China and tee it up? If you take the slow boat you won't make it in time.

I've seen a course right on the coast in Qingdao that looked pretty good driving by --assuming it was Tiger Beach.

Look forward to hearing about it -- please report.

Buck
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2017, 06:57:04 PM »
TX for Wolf Point at the end of the month.  Rawls, Pine Dunes (10/27@11 w/Langs and Lowes, Black Jack Crossing, Butterfield Trail, Red Hawk (NM) enroutes,
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:10:54 PM by Pete_Pittock »

Steve Lang

« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2017, 01:54:09 PM »
 8)  Pete, are you playing Pine Dunes coming or going to WP?  You should stop and play with Ms Sheila and I in The Woodlands, and have some tex-mex with us

Frankston is about 2.5 hours northeast and Port Lavaca is about 2.5 hours southwest of us...

steve
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Dan Gallaway

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2017, 02:26:22 PM »
Pete, I'll see you at WP.  Frankston might be a bit too far to drive for me.  I get in to Houston on the red-eye from Seattle early Saturday morning and don't fly out until Monday evening.  Already looked into Wilderness and Cypresswood, both seem to be suffering from flood damage...

Steve Lang

« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2017, 03:37:58 PM »
 8)  ok Dan, are you flying into Intergalactic IAH or Hobby airport?

Come play The Woodlands
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 03:48:15 PM by Steve Lang »
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2017, 06:47:41 PM »

8)  Pete, are you playing Pine Dunes coming or going to WP?  You should stop and play with Ms Sheila and I in The Woodlands, and have some tex-mex with us
Frankston is about 2.5 hours northeast and Port Lavaca is about 2.5 hours southwest of us...
steve
Steve - Most likely en-route to Wolf Point. Probably will move Rawls to the return trip.

Mike Hendren

« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2017, 10:02:17 PM »
T for Texas. T for Tennessee. Looking forward to seeing my old buddy Pete.
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Dan Gallaway

« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2017, 11:04:18 PM »
Flying in and out of IAH.  The Woodlands would be great...and I love Tex-Mex! ;D   Are you heading out for Wolf Point too?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 11:08:32 PM by Dan Gallaway »

Keith Grande

« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2017, 09:10:09 AM »
I'll be visiting Sweetens Cove on 10/15

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2017, 01:03:31 AM »
Heading out to NY and Philly on Friday evening. Match at Mr Mucci's club Saturday afternoon, wonder if he is in the home team?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 05:50:52 PM by Mark Chaplin »
Cave Nil Vino

Steve Lang

« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2017, 08:35:00 PM »
Flying in and out of IAH.  The Woodlands would be great...and I love Tex-Mex! ;D   Are you heading out for Wolf Point too?

Yes, planning to... I believe we're on the list ...  Depending on tee times we'd head out sat night or sun morning...  and coordinate a round with Peter, and even Bogie if he wants to venture to The Woodlands or others
The voice of Inverness"

Ryan Hillenbrand

« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2017, 04:57:05 PM »
I'll be at Prairie Dunes next Thursday and Friday as a single, and anyone interested in joining up with me is welcome to come as my guest

Adam Lowes

« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2017, 06:13:50 PM »
TX for Wolf Point at the end of the month.  Rawls, Pine Dunes, Black Jacks, Butterfield Trail, Red Hawk (NM) enroutes,

I have wanted an excuse to make a trip to Pine Dunes as a newbie in DFW, feel free to let me know your plans and I will try to make it work.

Brian Bowman

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2017, 02:32:40 PM »
Not exactly traveling, but am looking for a local game tomorrow 10/17, in either Cincinnati, Dayton, or Columbus.  Shoot me an email if anyone wants to play and I can set something up.

bbowman@heritageclub.com

-Brian

Derek Holland

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2017, 09:37:13 AM »
I am heading to northwest England with the wife 11/18 - 11/26 for some winter golf and pub hopping  :) Silloth, Royal St. Annes & Lytham, Wallasey, Royal Brikdale, Formby and Royal Liverpool are on the docket for now. Sad I won't be seeing these courses during the peak time of year but still excited for the opportunity!

MCirba

« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2017, 09:57:11 AM »
Heading to Streamsong for the Golfweek Architectural Summit Dec 12-15.

Will be in Scottsdale most of Christmas week, probably driving up to Sedona, as well.

Didn't get to travel much this year due to a lot of professional and personal challenges but did enjoy a few days in Rhode Island in September.   New England is vastly underrated on every front.
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Mike Hendren

« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2017, 10:01:55 AM »
How's Pinehurst in the winter?
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Craig Disher

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2017, 10:15:09 AM »
How's Pinehurst in the winter?

Unreliable. Anything from snow to the mid-60s.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2017, 09:39:22 PM »
Took first steps on February NZ/AU trip by contacting travel agent (Chicago).  Plan is likely first two weeks or so in NZ, then nearly a week at Barnbougle resort. Will take a side trip to King Island while at Barnbougle. Couple of days in Melbourne for SAB on the peninsula. Cold be reversed.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2017, 03:35:56 PM »
Took first steps on February NZ/AU trip by contacting travel agent (Chicago).  Plan is likely first two weeks or so in NZ, then nearly a week at Barnbougle resort. Will take a side trip to King Island while at Barnbougle. Couple of days in Melbourne for SAB on the peninsula. Cold be reversed.
Finalizing plans this week. Australia section is delayed a year.  Tee times- have asked for 9-10 am ish. Haven't looked into Tara Iti because I require a power cart for medical reasons. .
Jan 23 - arrive Auckland
      25 - Kauri Cliffs
      26 - Titirangi
      28 - Arikkapakapa (Rotorua)
      29 - Wairikei
      31 - Cape Kidnappers
Feb  2 - Paraparaumu Beach
        6 - Jacks Point
       10- depart for US
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:56:10 PM by Pete_Pittock »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back