News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ari Marcus

Kipp Schulties?
« on: January 01, 2017, 05:50:52 PM »

Has anyone played any of the courses Kipp Schulties has worked on?

It seems like he has become the "hot" architect around South Florida, and redesigned numerous courses in the recent years. Interested to hear what people think about his work.

Here is his website: http://ksgolfdesign.com/

Steve_ Shaffer

Re: Kipp Schulties?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 02:40:13 AM »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

goldj

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 09:00:44 PM »
Kipp is based in West Palm and works almost exclusively in southeast Florida.  He has spent a lot of time redesigning Joe Lee courses, removing many the Joe Lee characteristics.   He's big into visuals including stone walls and flashed bunkers and less into strategy.  If he's built any new courses, I'm not aware of them. 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 09:02:53 PM by goldj »

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 07:01:29 AM »

Kipp is based in West Palm and works almost exclusively in southeast Florida.  He has spent a lot of time redesigning Joe Lee courses, removing many the Joe Lee characteristics.   He's big into visuals including stone walls and flashed bunkers and less into strategy.  If he's built any new courses, I'm not aware of them.

He's been sneaking into the southwest, also. He's got a really good niche in south Florida in the fact that a lot of courses are renovating and he can be on site weekly.
  I would agree with "GoldJ" in the fact that there is flashed bunkers and lots of stone walls, but over the last few years, I feel as though all his courses are starting to look similar-several different bunker shapes and several different bunker styles.
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 07:38:09 PM »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back