News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Topp

Bad Little 9
« on: December 08, 2016, 04:52:32 PM »

Alex Miller

Re: Bad Little 9
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 05:02:44 PM »
I didn't know I needed this until now. Looks wonderful!

John Foley

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 05:45:52 PM »
Love this idea!! Always thought a brutal par 3 w/ tiny tierd greens, obstacles would be a great place to play. Bet those members short games get a whole lot better - would love to see more pics.
Integrity in the moment of choice

Joe_Tucholski

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 05:46:50 PM »
I like the boulders in the green.  I've never seen that before.

Joe Zucker

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 05:52:11 PM »
Shane Bacon did a podcast with Bob Parsons of PXG fame he said this nine was envisioned to be betting and drinking 9.  It will be ideal for a few holes of fun after a round and I believe he said something like rewarding anyone who shoots even par with some sort of prize.  Looks like tons of fun.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 05:52:15 PM »
Was Photoshop utilized in the creation of any of those holes? I can't imagine those steep slopes being so perfectly conditioned, let alone suitable for growing grass.

My eyes tend to be quite cynical in today's digital world.
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 08:15:31 PM »
Was Photoshop utilized in the creation of any of those holes? I can't imagine those steep slopes being so perfectly conditioned, let alone suitable for growing grass.

Looks fine to me, I think they sodded the entire course, including bunker bottoms. They must have plenty of money to burn but it seems like a blast. I would hate to see this copied by a facility that is trying to turn a profit.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 08:22:37 PM »

Looks fine to me, I think they sodded the entire course, including bunker bottoms. They must have plenty of money to burn but it seems like a blast. I would hate to see this copied by a facility that is trying to turn a profit.

And I think myself wise to trust the younger generation on these matters! Thanks!
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Garland Bayley

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 11:28:35 PM »
As long as there are no stinking ponds, it gets two thumbs up from me.
 ;D
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Josh Tarble

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 08:56:40 AM »
Just had a friend play it and the Other Course.  Said the Other Course is awesome but the Bad Little Nine is out of this world.  Honestly I don't think I've been more excited to see a new course than the Bad Little Nine.  Hoping I get out there soon.

Joe Hellrung

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2016, 09:04:44 AM »
Pete Dye approves. 

Thomas Dai

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 09:14:40 AM »
The Bad Little Nine looks wonderful. I want one similar and I want it now!

Golfing perfection would be pretty much akin to -
An 18-hole reversible, free draining, easily walkable quality course + 9-holes again reversable etc but a bit shorter in length + a Himalayas/punchbowl type/size putting green + a quality and expansive short game practice area + a heated/air conditioned indoor simulator room + something akin to the Bad Little Nine.

Not much to ask for really and Christmas is coming soon.....🎅

😄😄😄

Atb

Josh Tarble

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2016, 09:24:41 AM »
I will also say, between the Bad Little Nine, the Other Course and the MPCC Reno, Jackson Kahn Design is really putting out some interesting looking work.  I hope they keep getting opportunities so their stuff becomes a bit more accessible.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2016, 12:04:45 PM »
This looks very cool!  I love out-of-the-box stuff like this.

I'd love to build/finance/executive produce a full 18 hole course with stuff like this.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back