News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Evan Fleisher

Re: RIP - Jamey Bryan
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2016, 01:50:04 PM »
I too had the opportunity to get to know Jamey over the years at various GCA events and I always enjoyed my time with him.

Rest in peace, my friend.  :'(
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2016, 03:23:24 PM »
What I remember most was his straw hat and that he played lights out golf.

Ah, yes... the straw hat! We will miss you, Jamey.

2009 Dixie Cup at Bulls Bay GC
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2016, 03:58:07 PM »
Thanks to those who've shared photos from past Thaw Outs. I enjoyed being around Jamey at those events, as well as when he hosted me for a round at Camden. He was so proud of the place, and deservedly so. The golf world is lighter a merry soul now. RIP.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

hhuffines

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2016, 07:59:04 PM »
I played with Jamey at Longshadow as well and couldn't get over his voice... he sounded just like Verne Lundquist when he reacted to our opponents good shots.

I will also remember his sand wedge which was nearly groove less and as smooth as fine silver.

I will miss his sense of humor and wish I had played with him at Camden.

David Royer

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2016, 08:49:19 PM »
Sorry to hear the news. Met Jamey a couple of times at the Dixie. We played together at Ballyhack if memory serves correctly. A true gentleman. May god grant him peace.

Matt MacIver

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2016, 07:22:56 AM »
Very sorry to hear.  I shared a round and a few drinks with him at a few Dixies, always a smile. He will be missed.

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2016, 08:34:52 AM »
Sad news indeed.  I am glad to call Jamey a friend and I am better off for getting to know him.

Prayers to Jamey and his family.

http://www.barr-price.com/obits/obituary.php?id=683700

Mac Plumart

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2016, 07:11:47 PM »
Well, this sucks!  I was just thinking of Jamey the other day.  RIP.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Ed Oden

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2016, 11:01:39 AM »
Very sad news.  Jamey will surely be missed.  My condolences to his family.

Roger Wolfe

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2016, 11:48:06 AM »
Spent a lot of time with Jamey on a cart and in the clubhouse.  He really loved golf
and I am sorry we lost touch the last few years.  My favorite memory... trapped in
a villa at Ballyhack with Jamey snoring in the room to my left and Bill McBride / Lester
George hollering out by the fire they built in front of OUR cabin!

Played Mimosa, Carolina, Palmetto, Ballyhack and many others with Mr. Bryan.  Class
act.

Brad Tufts

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2016, 12:45:36 PM »
RIP Jamey...another great guy I would meet only through GCA and the number of great events planned here.

Was fortunate to get a great Dixie Cup tour from Jamey of his beloved Camden while dogfighting him to a tie giving 11 shots, and it was great to catch up with him each southern swing.

Also worth noting is that Jamey's laugh was clearly in the HOF of laughs!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 10:05:44 AM by Brad Tufts »
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Bill_McBride

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2016, 03:20:23 PM »
Spent a lot of time with Jamey on a cart and in the clubhouse.  He really loved golf
and I am sorry we lost touch the last few years.  My favorite memory... trapped in
a villa at Ballyhack with Jamey snoring in the room to my left and Bill McBride / Lester
George hollering out by the fire they built in front of OUR cabin!

Played Mimosa, Carolina, Palmetto, Ballyhack and many others with Mr. Bryan.  Class
act.

If you had helped us finish that bottle of fine single malt you would have slept like a baby!  😜

jeffwarne

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2018, 08:21:49 PM »
Bump

heading to Camden on business this week and couldn't help thinking of Jamey and Camden CC. RIP. Very fond memories of an afternoon round and late evening in Camden with him.
Ironic the last post of this thread was from Bill McBride-RIP- who I first met at the Dixie Cup in 2004.

GCA needs a Hall of Fame
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2018, 09:59:29 AM »
Bump

heading to Camden on business this week and couldn't help thinking of Jamey and Camden CC. RIP. Very fond memories of an afternoon round and late evening in Camden with him.
Ironic the last post of this thread was from Bill McBride-RIP- who I first met at the Dixie Cup in 2004.

GCA needs a Hall of Fame

Amen!
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

JC Jones

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2018, 10:57:56 AM »
Bump

GCA needs a Hall of Fame

+1

I met Jamey and McBride at the 2009 Dixie Cup in Aiken/Camden.  I remember McBride singing every word of Luckenbach Texas in the bar of the Aiken Inn and Whitaker wanting to strangle Jamey at dinner.  Still cracks me up.

Mark Pritchett and I needed an extra for a round at Hendersonville CC a few years before Jamey died.  If you wanted to reach him you had to call Camden CC and leave a message.  He filled in without hesitation and we had a great day.

RIP to pillars of GCA.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2018, 11:35:17 AM »
I wrote to Ran recently, suggesting that a hall of fame was precisely what this site needs. There are guys with whom I fought virtually, but they damned well deserve to be in the hall of fame. I'd like to see something like that take shape. As much as we have 147 Custodians that are courses, we also have contributors that are custodians.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back