News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ryan Hillenbrand

Re: 2016 5th Major at Dismal River
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2016, 04:52:44 PM »
Jim,

I am not certain if an architect has been selected, but the plan is to have substantial renovation done by an architect and not just small tweaks by the management company. I do believe there are talks with 1 or 2, though I don't know the details.

The first step is to try and get a long term lease agreement with the University of Missouri - St. Louis, who was gifted the course last year. Their only mandate for the time being was "don't have this cost us anything to run" until they figured out what to do with it. With a huge budget deficit I don't think there is a risk of it being built upon by U of Missouri, though they could re-sell it. A sale or long term lease would ideal for the backers, I believe.

Once that is ironed out, the fundraising portion should begin. I think the vision is a cross between CommonGround and East Lake with the corporate support - though the goal is to remain public.

Eric Smith

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2016, 12:41:44 PM »
73 days!!!

I've updated the OP with a current player list.

Also a reminder to call in your deposit(s) to the club (308-546-2900) if you haven't already done so.

Thanks!

Dave August

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2016, 01:58:38 PM »
My partner is now a "maybe". He won't know for certain if he is playing until closer to the event.

Any way to know if there are single players still around or hoping to pair up? I am hoping that I do not have to miss this - it looks like a fantastic time!

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2016, 06:32:24 PM »
Eric,

Ward Peyronnin's partner needs extra consideration in this event as he broke his left fibula on April 15 and will hardly be back up to competition speed by late June. What age qualifies for senior tees?
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

John Cowden

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2016, 08:18:56 PM »
Michael, are you asking for all the aged, or just those with a compromised fibula?  At age 63, I'm interested (and far from "competition speed").  I ache all over, which must include a fibula or two.  (Now that's surely an open invitation to the gallery to pile on....).

Cheers.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2016, 06:48:02 AM »
Michael, are you asking for all the aged, or just those with a compromised fibula?  At age 63, I'm interested (and far from "competition speed").  I ache all over, which must include a fibula or two.  (Now that's surely an open invitation to the gallery to pile on....).

Cheers.
Ain't it true, brother!  :'(
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2016, 08:56:41 AM »

Cheers.

I am skipping the senior tees in favor of the most forward set!

Getting old is not for sissies!  😡🏌🍸

Eric Smith

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2016, 12:45:19 PM »
My partner is now a "maybe". He won't know for certain if he is playing until closer to the event.

Any way to know if there are single players still around or hoping to pair up? I am hoping that I do not have to miss this - it looks like a fantastic time!

Dave,

Don't worry - if he does have to cancel we will pair you with a single. Maybe even a celebrity. ;)

Eric,

Ward Peyronnin's partner needs extra consideration in this event as he broke his left fibula on April 15 and will hardly be back up to competition speed by late June. What age qualifies for senior tees?

Mike,

The Evian Championship is in September so you have plenty of time to heal up! ;D

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2016, 02:58:03 PM »
Mike,

The Evian Championship is in September so you have plenty of time to heal up! ;D
I'm working on enhancing my collection of pink outfits... and, due to the recent GCA thread against the idea I'm now playing the yellow ball full time. I'll probably have the entire palette on display in Nebraska just to disturb some of our more all-knowing, conservative participants.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:59:36 PM by Michael Whitaker »

Jason Thurman

« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2016, 02:58:30 PM »
Does Dismal have Family Tees?
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2016, 03:45:49 PM »
Does Dismal have Family Tees?

Serious question....

Is Dismal or any of the Mid-west sand belt courses actively pursing family memberships?  If anywhere seemed like boys trip/golf from "sun-up to sun-down" only locations, it would be places like Dismal, Sand Hills, etc...

But I could be wrong...

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2016, 05:06:14 PM »
Kalen,

You are very wrong. I have never visited any of the Sand Hills courses and not seen husbands and wives having a great time. Hell, you have been here long enough to have watched Christian grow up at Sand Hills. What's up with that boy now anyways, on tour yet?

Kalen Braley

« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2016, 05:15:38 PM »
Kalen,

You are very wrong. I have never visited any of the Sand Hills courses and not seen husbands and wives having a great time. Hell, you have been here long enough to have watched Christian grow up at Sand Hills. What's up with that boy now anyways, on tour yet?

John,

Perhaps only partially wrong.  In my mind there is a distinction between bringing the wife and bringing the whole famn damily....

P.S. Who is Christian?  Apparently not long enough....

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2016, 05:18:56 PM »
This is the cutest thing I ever saw, Christian's recruiting page: https://new.berecruited.com/athletes/714143

Eric Smith

« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2016, 04:41:57 PM »
I've received several emails over the past week or so from folks signing up to play but I've been on vacation and am sorry that I've been slow to respond. Please know that we will be pairing any singles shortly after the June 15 GHIN revision - so on or about Saturday June 18 look for both the pairings and flights to be posted. Thank you for your patience. Best, Eric

John Cowden

« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2016, 09:37:37 PM »
It's all good, Eric.  I intend simply to show up, play a little golf, bullshit a little golf, drink a little gin, make some new friends, and generally have a blast.  You've done your part to facilitate exactly that. I'm in good company in thanking you, and CJ, for all the thought and attention paid to our weekend in the Sandhills.  Anything more is gravy.  Looking forward...

Eric Smith

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2016, 05:33:02 PM »
It's all good, Eric.  I intend simply to show up, play a little golf, bullshit a little golf, drink a little gin, make some new friends, and generally have a blast.  You've done your part to facilitate exactly that. I'm in good company in thanking you, and CJ, for all the thought and attention paid to our weekend in the Sandhills.  Anything more is gravy.  Looking forward...

Thanks, John. I'm looking forward to the week as well.

Bob Montle

« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2016, 06:45:05 PM »
  Lou_Duran 
         Re: 2014 5th Major at Dismal River   « Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 04:33:17 pm »   
I am in, provided that I can find a ringer of my own (and I don't mean a guy who can hit the ball a ton but has to play scratch; I want an 18 handicapper who makes 4-5 natural pars)

I'll be that partner Lou. 
Handicap 18.4
A typical round for me is 4-5 pars, 5-6 bogeys and 8 doubles

"If you're the swearing type, golf will give you plenty to swear about.  If you're the type to get down on yourself, you'll have ample opportunities to get depressed.  If you like to stop and smell the roses, here's your chance.  Golf never judges; it just brings out who you are."

Chris Mavros

« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2016, 09:09:18 PM »
Glad I'm able to make this and am looking forward to it. 

As far as deposits go, is there one due other than the initial we paid back in the fall?

Thanks,
Chris

Eric Smith

« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2016, 09:58:47 PM »
Glad I'm able to make this and am looking forward to it. 

As far as deposits go, is there one due other than the initial we paid back in the fall?

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris.

You and David A. are good to go.  Look forward to seeing you there.

Bob Montle

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2016, 09:47:37 AM »
Bump.

Only 13 days.

Anyone else getting excited?
No?
Just me?
"If you're the swearing type, golf will give you plenty to swear about.  If you're the type to get down on yourself, you'll have ample opportunities to get depressed.  If you like to stop and smell the roses, here's your chance.  Golf never judges; it just brings out who you are."

Bill_McBride

« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2016, 01:06:59 PM »
Bump.

Only 13 days.

Anyone else getting excited?
No?
Just me?

😄😄👌

Steve Lang

« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2016, 09:20:33 AM »
 ;D  WE'RE EXCITED FOR ALL YOU FIRST TIMERS!

p.s. Ms Sheila challenges you to match her hole-in-one at #3White, as if there's not enough challenge to simply holding a shot on that green
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Dan Gallaway

« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2016, 12:28:33 PM »
My anticipation/excitement is at an all time high.  My co-workers are going to hate me this week.  It's amazing how easily I've managed to segue every conversation to, "Speaking of that, did I mention that I'm flying out to Nebraska for golf!  Let me tell you about it."

Eric Smith

« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2016, 09:22:49 PM »
Announcing Team 1: Bob Montle and Dan Gallaway

You're welcome. ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back