News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom_Doak

Re: ETA of next volume of Confidential Guide?
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2015, 08:44:53 PM »
Suggestion for the 2035 editions: charge the full whack up front.  8)

I would have loved to do it that way, but it's actually illegal to sell you volumes of a book that don't exist yet.  Perhaps I could have charged a whole lot for Volume 1 and given away the others for free ...

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2015, 08:22:53 AM »
What if it was sold as a "subscription"? 

ps - my cc# and address has changed.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2015, 08:30:51 AM »
What if it was sold as a "subscription"? 

The way subscriptions are set up by the payment companies, they are automatically renewed on the same date every year ... so if you ordered your first book a month ago, you wouldn't get the second until next summer.  It would have been less work for us, though!

Paul Carey

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2015, 04:18:08 PM »
Tom,

It appears you are learning more about credit card processing than you ever wanted :D

I can't wait for the next version.

Paul

Jeff Evagues

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2015, 09:18:57 PM »
Is it time to see if the rest of us can order volume 2?
Be the ball

Tom_Doak

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2015, 10:51:51 PM »
Is it time to see if the rest of us can order volume 2?

Jeff:

Not sure I understand your post.  It's been possible to order volume 2 for about a month now.  The first web page for the book doesn't make that clear, but when you go to the order page, the link for ordering is now active.

I'm going to see if I can post a couple of pages as excerpts on our site pretty soon.

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2015, 12:51:25 AM »
Time to check if my postman is a golf course architecture aficionado, or are copies still making their way West (to the Bay Area)?
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2015, 01:44:43 AM »
Mine arrived in Portland today (or maybe yesterday). I was out playing 9 hole courses in north central OR.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2015, 09:56:27 AM »
The books have been going out 200 at a time.  They're all in the mail now, unless your credit card didn't work, but the last of them were mailed on Wednesday so it may be a few more days before you receive one.

Rick Emerson

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2015, 02:40:40 AM »
I just found out mine shipped Wednesday. Now let's see how long it takes for them to get to China and whether or not they try to charge me customs fees.

Matthew Petersen

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2015, 11:57:11 AM »
The books have been going out 200 at a time.  They're all in the mail now, unless your credit card didn't work, but the last of them were mailed on Wednesday so it may be a few more days before you receive one.

Thanks, Tom. How have you been contacting people whose CC didn't work? I mailed an update to my CC and mailing address a few weeks back, but haven't heard anything and haven't received a book. Also haven't seen any CC charges ...

Ruediger Meyer

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2015, 05:59:43 PM »
Has everyone overseas received the second volume? Should I start worrying by now?

Tim Gallant

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2015, 09:03:08 AM »
Has everyone overseas received the second volume? Should I start worrying by now?

Not yet, but then again, I did just order it 2 weeks ago. Also, it may be worth emailing Brian. I placed an order but the receipt only came to my email, not their side. Send them an email with your receipt just to be sure.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back