News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Peter Pratt

ETA of next volume of Confidential Guide?
« on: August 20, 2015, 01:52:14 PM »
Do we know yet when volume 2 will be available?

Eric Smith

Re: ETA of next volume of Confidential Guide?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 02:06:41 PM »
I noticed a charge to my credit card this week from Renaissance Golf Publishing so I am thinking it will be very soon. :)

Shane Wright

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 02:35:53 PM »
The email I received said "volume 2 shipping in September."

Peter Pratt

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 04:13:50 PM »
Thanks! Hmmm. I signed up for the whole package and haven't yet received notification via email or a charge to my card.

Cory Lewis

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 04:39:45 PM »
What do we do if we ordered the 5 Volume set and our address has changed?
Instagram: @2000golfcourses
http://2000golfcourses.blogspot.com

Jimmy Muratt

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 04:45:33 PM »
Cory,

If you have an emailed receipt from your original order, you can reply to that email address with your new delivery address.  I recently moved as well so did the same thing.  I can PM you the email address if need be.

Jimmy

Tom_Doak

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 06:00:37 PM »
We are supposed to receive the books on or about September 24 and I am trying to be ready to ship books to the 1,000 people who have ordered the set immediately thereafter.

I hated to start processing credit cards this early, but we have to do them manually, and 30-40% of the orders get rejected because the card has expired, the person has moved, etc.  Following up on those may take us into October before everyone gets their book.  We've gone through not quite half of the orders so far.  Rest assured, if you are on the list, we'll get to you before the end of next month.  In fact, we might get to you even if you haven't ordered the set  ;)

Volume 2 covers 502 courses [if I counted them correctly] so it is quite a bit bigger than Volume 1 -- 260 pages in all.

Paul Gray

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 06:14:41 PM »
For those of us in Britain who might like a copy for Christmas, is this realistic?
In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

Tom_Doak

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 07:05:33 PM »
For those of us in Britain who might like a copy for Christmas, is this realistic?

Paul:

Absolutely.  We ship everything overseas by priority international air mail.  Books get to Britain in 7-10 days.  As long as you order by the first of December it should be no problem.*

* We are not taking orders for Volume 2 until we have processed all the advance orders for sets.  Trying to get more than 1,000 books out the door takes a few days!

Jud_T

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 07:18:51 PM »
How do we update an expired or new credit card?
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Tom_Doak

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 08:28:59 PM »
How do we update an expired or new credit card?

If you want to send us your new credit card info by regular mail, that would be ideal.  Send it to my office address:  530 E. 8th St., Traverse City, MI 49686.
Otherwise, we will have to take credit card numbers by phone, as the secure payment site only allows manual changes from our end.  But I'm traveling the next ten days, so not yet.  Don't call us; we'll call [or email] you.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 08:30:37 PM by Tom_Doak »

Michael Graham

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2015, 04:33:44 AM »
Really looking forward to receiving my copy of volume II. Had my customer receipt emailed to me last week. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to arrive in the U.K

Jim Franklin

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2015, 08:53:38 AM »
I don't remember what credit card I used. Hopefully it has not expired.

What does this volume cover?
Mr Hurricane

Tom_Doak

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2015, 04:31:02 PM »
I don't remember what credit card I used. Hopefully it has not expired.

What does this volume cover?

It's The Americas - Winter Destinations.  Anywhere you'd go in the winter.

Chapters include The Carolinas, Deep South, Florida, the Atlantic and Caribbean, the Southwest [Oklahoma-Arizona], California, Hawaii, Mexico, and Central and South America.

PCCraig

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2015, 10:59:09 AM »
* We are not taking orders for Volume 2 until we have processed all the advance orders for sets.  Trying to get more than 1,000 books out the door takes a few days!

Please let us know when we can purchase Volume #2. I had thought I had pre-ordered the set but looking back appartently I didn't  :-\

Looking forward to the newest volume!
H.P.S.

PCCraig

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2015, 11:30:40 AM »
Perhaps a stupid question, but is there a way to preorder the only volumes 2-5?

Thank you.
H.P.S.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2015, 06:01:09 PM »
Perhaps a stupid question, but is there a way to preorder the only volumes 2-5?

Thank you.

We are working on that.

Rick Emerson

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 10:27:28 AM »
Is it possible to ship to China? I was going to bite the bullet on the full set a few months ago, but didn't see the point if I was just going to ship them to my parents and have to wait till next summer to read the first two. Then I just saw your post about international air mail. This might make my year.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 09:15:59 PM »
Is it possible to ship to China?

Rick, we've shipped books to almost everywhere ... Norway, Barcelona, Dubai, Australia, Argentina, The Philippines, and of course China.  Usually they arrive without incident, as long as you fill out the address form correctly.

MClutterbuck

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 03:17:32 PM »
Tom, please do let us know when we can order Volume II !

MClutterbuck

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 04:18:47 PM »
Tom, what was the highest rating in South America? How many courses at 6 or above, if any?

Tom_Doak

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 09:06:51 PM »
Tom, please do let us know when we can order Volume II !

You will have a free book coming, as your help in getting me to see so much on my South American swing is gratefully acknowledged.

Will answer your other questions offline so as not to spoil it for everyone else!

Brett Wiesley

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 10:22:30 PM »
Tom,

My credit card number changed.  I tried to email Brian Lewis, who was the email contact for my initial order of the set, but never got a reply.  Is there someone else better to contact about updated credit card infoormation?

Brett

Tom_Doak

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2015, 06:40:57 AM »
Tom,

My credit card number changed.  I tried to email Brian Lewis, who was the email contact for my initial order of the set, but never got a reply.  Is there someone else better to contact about updated credit card infoormation?

Brett

Brett:

We've got more than a thousand people to contact, so the process is going to take some time ... that's why I started processing credit cards a month before we had the books [and when my daughter was available to help a bit].

The easiest thing anyone can do is to put your new credit card info in the regular mail to my office.  That way the info does not get online, and we can just change the info in our system as soon as we receive your note.  Scheduling 100's of phone calls and trying to take all the info over the phone will produce more errors.

Our mailing address is 530 E. 8th St., Traverse City 49686

Jud_T

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2015, 08:24:37 AM »
Suggestion for the 2035 editions: charge the full whack up front.  8)
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back