News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Sweeney

Highland Links, Truro, Cape Cod, MA
« on: July 03, 2015, 03:51:16 PM »
Heard a lot about this course and am planning on playing there Wednesday, July 8. I'll driving from Duxbury, hope to start before 10 am., and plan to play 18. If you would like to join me, please send me a message. Also, I look forward to any comments anyone might have about the course.
"Hope and fear, hope and Fear, that's what people see when they play golf. Not me. I only see happiness."

" Two things I beleive in: good shoes and a good car. Alligator shoes and a Cadillac."

Moe Norman

Greg Beaulieu

Re: Highland Links, Truro, Cape Cod, MA
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 05:11:01 PM »
That's the home course of Golf World's Ron Sirak. He really loves it there.

Brad Tufts

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 08:49:26 PM »
I played it a few years ago, it's about 2700 yards, par 35.  Really neat place, as long as you aren't expecting something on the order of Brora.  It's a crusty links layout perched on the seacliff, pure golf of an old yankee nature only found on the Cape and Long Island.  Extra points for a pretty lighthouse on property, wildflowers, and weathered shingles.

Standout holes include the valley 2nd, a great dunetop par three in the middle, and the 9th, a short par three with two sde-by-side tiers and the lighthouse behind the green.

My family has started a yearly summer weekend to Wellfleet, and I've been itching to get back to take a few photos.
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Bill_McBride

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 09:52:08 PM »
Cape Cod is one of the great things about living in the Northeast. 

Years ago my son (12 at the time) and I had a great morning on the nine hole course at the Chatham Bars Inn. 

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 08:16:51 AM »
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Tim Pitner

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 10:19:55 PM »
Thanks, GCAers, for alerting me to this course. Highland Links is a gem, quite a throwback. Really enjoyed it. The 2nd, 5th and 9th are standouts, but there's good stuff all the way around. Loved the spongy turf and humps and bumps in the fairways. And, although it's short on the card, one has the option of hitting driver on the 4s and 5s. Great fun.

MCirba

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 10:50:00 AM »
Highland Links are a joy.   As Bill McBride mentioned, another terrific ancient little nine-hole course in the area is at Chatham.   Not quite as dramatic and primitive as Highland, but played on basic, joyously rolling terrain, as well.
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back