News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Patrick_Mucci

Re: Nicklaus says golf is too slow, expensive, and difficult
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2015, 09:52:25 PM »
People are hiring Nicklaus for jobs where their overall budget makes the design fee difference meaningless.  If he really wanted to change the cost equation, he'd refuse to take projects where he'll have to spend a lot to build the course, or where the cost of the land itself was really high (i.e., would the difference in combined design fees for Nicklaus and Doak of $5 or $5 million have made much difference in what Sebonack memberships go for?)

Yes, I wish I had figured that all out before Mr. Pascucci asked me how much our fee was for our previous job :)  At some point afterward it dawned on me that what I thought of as a $7 million construction project was really a $100 million project where the quality of the golf course determined the success!

P.S.  Jack's fee was $1 million in the 1990's but $2.5 million the last I heard.  I believe he did design Dismal River for half his then-fee, but he was thinking he would make another design fee for the second course which didn't work out!
Tom,

You run a business and are entitled to whatever fee the developer agrees to pay you.

My issue is with Nicklaus suddenly finding religion.

None of these issues troubled him when he was at his best, competing or building.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back