News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

BCrosby

Par 3 Discussion on Golf Channel
« on: May 22, 2015, 10:54:02 AM »
http://www.golfchannel.com/media/what-makes-great-par-3-hole/?cid=twitter-md-v-great-par-3-050415

I thought Geoff and Charlie did a good job with this.

I hope it leads to more segments on golf architecture on The Golf Channel. Given the hours TGC has to fill with content every day, I'm surprised the topic hasn't been covered more often.

Bob

Buck Wolter

Re: Par 3 Discussion on Golf Channel
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 11:08:14 AM »
Jason Way from GCA has had a twitter campaign pushing for more on the Golf Channel, he goes over it here -- his whole site is worth a look

http://geekedongolf.com/2014/11/07/the-art-of-course-why-golf-channel-needs-a-gca-show/
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Craig Disher

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 12:10:00 PM »
I hope we see more but I wish they had highlighted some of the lesser knowns - e.g. #8 at Troon or #11 at TOC - rather than ones known to everybody.

BCrosby

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 01:05:16 PM »
Craig -

Along the same lines, you would think a producer at TGC would consider doing a show (or two) on great, but little-known holes. Or maybe on holes the pros love to hate, or maybe on great public courses under $50 or maybe on great NLE holes, or maybe .......

The list goes on and on. That TGC has elected not to go down any of those roads is an abiding mystery.

Bob 

BHoover

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 01:19:53 PM »
GC is too busy following Rickie Fowler's vacation in the Bahamas. But don't blame GC, they are more golf-oriented than Golf Digest seems to be these days.

Greg Tallman

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 02:03:21 PM »
Craig -

Along the same lines, you would think a producer at TGC would consider doing a show (or two) on great, but little-known holes. Or maybe on holes the pros love to hate, or maybe on great public courses under $50 or maybe on great NLE holes, or maybe .......

The list goes on and on. That TGC has elected not to go down any of those roads is an abiding mystery.

Bob 

Those courses and/or holes would have to come from those courses that are lining their GolfNow pockets for certain.

George Pazin

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 02:34:17 PM »
GC is too busy following Rickie Fowler's vacation in the Bahamas. But don't blame GC, they are more golf-oriented than Golf Digest seems to be these days.

Come on, Lexi Thompson wearing a towel is serious journalism! Serious I tells ya!!!
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Jason Way

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 02:37:59 PM »
Jason Way from GCA has had a twitter campaign pushing for more on the Golf Channel, he goes over it here -- his whole site is worth a look

http://geekedongolf.com/2014/11/07/the-art-of-course-why-golf-channel-needs-a-gca-show/

Thanks for the plug, and the ongoing support Buck. 

Sometimes the gears of change turn slowly, but they do turn...
"Golf is a science, the study of a lifetime, in which you can exhaust yourself but never your subject." - David Forgan

Sam Morrow

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 02:47:03 PM »
If they were to do a GCA show it would be important to have the right hosts. I think a Shackelford would be obvious and pair him with someone like Jay Flemma who is both a journalist and a GCA expert.

Mike Schott

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 02:48:10 PM »
That was fun. We shouldn't expect GCA type discussion from the Golf Channel which has to cater to the average golf fan but this was enjoyable.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back