News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Pete Blaisdell

Bradenton-Sarasota golf
« on: May 21, 2015, 08:37:11 AM »
Guys,

I'll be officiating at the NCAA'S at the Concession Club and plan on staying in the area for another 5 days to play some golf. Have not been to this area in about 15 years. Would entertain any suggestions on courses, private or public , that would be interesting to play. Much appreciated!!
' Golf courses are like wives and the prom queen doesn't always make for the best wife "

Steve_ Shaffer

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Ryan Kelly

Re: Bradenton-Sarasota golf
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 11:28:32 PM »
Sarasota National in Venice.  Great layout and fun to play.  It may be a little of a drive but well worth it.

www.sarasotanationalgolf.com

Tom Fagerli

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 06:31:31 AM »
I enjoyed River Strand when I played it in Jan. You wouldn't want to walk it though. Seems like miles between green to tee on one of the nines. I used to enjoy Gator Creek the private men's only club but the last time I was there it seemed they had a fronting bunker on every green so aerial golf was only option.  Interesting place though. You can find basic golf for low prices as it is off season. Enjoy your stay!

Jud_T

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 07:12:28 AM »
Pete,

I'll be in Sarasota for the Youth National Rowing Championships in a couple weeks and am planning to head over to Streamsong for a couple days.  Looks like an hour and 15 minute drive.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back