News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

PCCraig

Re: Best Match Play Course At Bandon
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2015, 09:58:30 AM »
A little surprised they went with Trails simply for potential added viewership, but I love the course and think it will be a great test

I'm sure that had zero to do with it.

My guess is they chose Bandon Trails as the anchor course because it's the course out of the four that scratch players like the best.  There are lots of scratch players who hate Old Macdonald because it's so wide open by their standards.  You don't want the field complaining about the course when the whole point of hosting the event is to provide positive p.r.

I'm not scratch, but I'm pretty close (~2), and Old Macdonald is my most preferred course at the resort and Bandon Trails is my least preferred.  (For what it's worth).

My guess is that most better players like Trails because it's the most straightforward?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:01:42 AM by PCraig »
H.P.S.

Mark_Fine

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2015, 03:09:31 PM »
Can someone name a great golf course that is not both great as a match play course and as a stoke play course?  I happen to think the greatest courses are great for both!

William_G

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2015, 10:57:38 AM »
let's just say, each of the courses at Bandon are great in someone's mind and for different reasons, and may all be great anyway

furthermore as theses courses are all very young by today's classic standards, it will take maybe a hundred years of play and competition for this to shake out

it is all good for now :)
It's all about the golf!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back