News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill_McBride

Great MacKenzie Photos
« on: April 24, 2015, 11:06:58 PM »
Go to www.loonhill.com and scroll down to Mackenzie photos.  These are great photos of Mackenzie, Hollins, Whigham, Lapham, Hunter, et al, at Cypress Point, Pasatiempo, and a couple at Pebble Beach.  I've never seen these before, some great shots including Jack Neville and Helen Wills Moody!

Dave Maberry

Re: Great MacKenzie Photos
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 10:53:54 AM »
Bill,

I learned about this website a few years ago. The cover photo of "The Match" by Mark Frost is a 1950 photo of Hogan at first tee at Cypress Point during 1950 Crosby. The photos of Julian Graham have been in quite a few books including  Pebble Beach Golf Links by Neal Hotelling,  Alister MacKenzie's Cypress Point Club by Geoff Shackelford, The Life and Work of Dr. Alister MacKenzie by Tom Doak, Dr. James Scott and Raymond Haddock, The Crosby: Greatest Show in Golf by Dwayne Netland, The Monterey Peninsula, an Enchanted Lane by Randall  Reinstedt,, Monterey Peninsula Country Club, The First Fifty Years 1925-1975, Johnny Goodman by Walter Curtis, Champion in a Man's World by David Outerbridge,  and  Pebble Beach, A Matter of Style by Robert T. Devlin.

Dave

John Cowden

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 11:30:25 AM »
Wonderful stuff, Bill.  Thanks for sharing.  It's made my morning.

Greg Taylor

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 02:50:06 PM »
Can't get enough of those old CPC photos!

Thank you.

Tim_Weiman

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 11:13:42 PM »
Bill,

Thanks very much for bringing this to our attention. Mackenzie looking back down 18 at CP is my favorite picture in golf.
Tim Weiman

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back