News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Patrick_Mucci

Re: The 5th at Streamsong Blue.
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2015, 04:35:49 PM »
Daniel,

Rob seems like a nice fellow, so I didn't want to remind him that he should have been more observant when he was playing # 4, as the left side bunkers are clearly visible on # 5.

So perhaps he's closer to moron status than he knows.

Getting moron points rescinded is a "process", one not unlike getting off of  "double secret probation"

Since moments of clarity, due purely to luck and happenstance can often mask the true moronic nature of the poster.

Hence, getting moron points rescinded requires two (2) independent sponsors, both of whom have to be anonymous to the poster.

As I indicated, it's a "process", a moronic one, but, a process nonetheless.

Rob Marshall

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2015, 12:19:17 AM »
Daniel,

Rob seems like a nice fellow, so I didn't want to remind him that he should have been more observant when he was playing # 4, as the left side bunkers are clearly visible on # 5.

So perhaps he's closer to moron status than he knows.

Getting moron points rescinded is a "process", one not unlike getting off of  "double secret probation"

Since moments of clarity, due purely to luck and happenstance can often mask the true moronic nature of the poster.

Hence, getting moron points rescinded requires two (2) independent sponsors, both of whom have to be anonymous to the poster.

As I indicated, it's a "process", a moronic one, but, a process nonetheless.

So I started my round on fire and was way under par heading into the 4th hole. Why would I be thinking about the 5th? I would think that a player with the heritage of Pat would surely know that you need to focus on one shot at a time. My tee shot on 4 was in the  waste area to the left of the fairway and my only worry was how was I going to find a way to make par on 4. The last thing on my mind was trying to figure out where the fifth hole was, let alone what direction it ran or how deep the bunkers were.  Sorry to say this but I think the moronic play would be to try and figure out what lay ahead at the fifth when I hadn't hit my second shot on the 4th.

Pat, I have to give you a few demerits for that and I'm beginning to wonder who is the moron. :D  Not to mention we still have a bet open on the easy 17th ;D
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2015, 01:40:19 PM »
Rob,

Alas, Daniel may be right.

It appears that you can't walk, play golf, think and chew gum at the same time. ;D

When I play a golf course I look at every other green on the golf course that I haven't played and register where the hole is located, along with other additional information that will prove valueable when I play that hole.

I suppose your style of play, where you isolate yourself from all other holes and ignore the abundance of data available to you, might work for you, but it limits your ability to be properly prepared for the holes ahead of you.

Your inability to detect the left side bunkers on # 5 while playing # 4 resulted in your poor play on # 5.

You've proved my point, Need I say more ? ;D

Rob Marshall

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2015, 02:44:44 PM »
Without knowing the routing especially while playing a hole located in a valley I think you 're expecting a little much. My system served me well that day playing a course I had never seen before so I can't be that big of a Moran can I? I do find it a little moronic that on the first trip around you don't like to know where the trouble is (as stated in an earlier post) but you spent the round looking for it.  ???

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2015, 09:46:04 PM »

Without knowing the routing especially while playing a hole located in a valley I think you 're expecting a little much.

My expectations would be a function of your golfing IQ

My system served me well that day playing a course I had never seen before so I can't be that big of a Moran can I?

That would depend upon the spelling of your Mother's maiden name.
Assuming that your Mother's maiden name isn't "Moran", I'd have to go with "big"

I do find it a little moronic that on the first trip around you don't like to know where the trouble is (as stated in an earlier post) but you spent the round looking for it.  ???

I didn't know that scouting hole locations on holes you haven't played is considered "looking for trouble"

I hearby anoint you as a full fledged "moron", you certainly worked hard to earn the title. ;D

Rob Marshall

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2015, 10:26:20 PM »
Scouting hole locations is looking for trouble. Who said that? I know I didn't. 

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2015, 11:09:36 AM »

Rob,

You stated:

I do find it a little moronic that on the first trip around you don't like to know where the trouble is (as stated in an earlier post) but you spent the round looking for it.  ?? 

Would you cite for us where I stated that I "spent the round looking for it"

Joe Bausch

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2015, 02:17:29 PM »
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Daniel Jones

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2015, 03:14:12 PM »
Don't worry, Rob. I didn't look at #5 while on #4 green. I also didn't heed the advice of the marshall sitting on #5 tee when he said "Whatever you do, don't go left."  So it seems I too deserve a moron badge... 8)

Pat...how do I sign up for the class to get the Moron Demerits rescinded?

Rob Marshall

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2015, 05:03:05 PM »

Rob,

You stated:

I do find it a little moronic that on the first trip around you don't like to know where the trouble is (as stated in an earlier post) but you spent the round looking for it.  ?? 

"When I play a golf course I look at every other green on the golf course that I haven't played and register where the hole is located, along with other additional information that will prove valueable when I play that hole."

So you don't want to know where the trouble is, but look for pins and any other additional information that will prove valueable. So "other additional information" doesn't include the trouble that you don't want to know is there? Seems a little like who's on first to me............. I actually thought I could learn something from you. WTF was I thinking ;)

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2015, 11:06:05 PM »

Some pics of the 5th at SSBlue:

http://xchem.villanova.edu/~bausch/images/albums/SSBlue/pages/page_34.html

Joe,

Great photos, especially the photos of # 4.

You'd have to be a total moron not to notice the huge bunkers left of the 4th green.

You'd confirm your moron status by not figuring out, as you stand on # 5 tee, that those same bunkers loom to the left of # 5 green😃

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2015, 11:19:51 PM »

Rob,

You stated:

"When I play a golf course I look at every other green on the golf course that I haven't played and register where the hole is located, along with other additional information that will prove valueable when I play that hole."

So you don't want to know where the trouble is, but look for pins and any other additional information that will prove valueable.

Correct.

So "other additional information" doesn't include the trouble that you don't want to know is there?

Hole location is the critical data, since angles of attack into the green can't be determined, in advance, when playing a nearby hole.
In addition, I don't know where my tee shot will be on holes I haven't played.

So again, I don't look for "trouble", I only look for relevant positive data.

When I stand on the tee of a par 4 or 5 I ask the caddy where the ideal line is, then aim for it.

Where the trouble is almost irrelevant because I'm so focused on where to hit my drive, not where not to hit my drive.

Seems a little like who's on first to me.............

Not really, it's apparent that your powers of observation are limited and your course management skills lacking.

I actually thought I could learn something from you.

You could, if only you could comprehend advanced course management.

WTF was I thinking ;)

That's just it, you weren't thinking.

You have so much to learn and I can only devote a limited amount of time to your education.

By the way, what's your handicap ?

Rob Marshall

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2015, 08:23:59 AM »
I'm a decent player

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2015, 12:34:27 PM »

I'm a decent player

Rob,

I'm sure you're a decent player and better than a decent player, but what's your handicap ?

Rob Marshall

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2015, 12:40:43 PM »

I'm a decent player

Rob,

I'm sure you're a decent player and better than a decent player, but what's your handicap ?

Floats between 1 and plus 1

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2015, 01:00:55 PM »

I'm a decent player

Rob,

Rob,

With me as your caddy, with my course management skills, you could be a plus 4-6.

Unfortunately, my rates are very high and my available dates very limited.

Just think how your game would take a quantum leap if you had forward looking vision ;D

Kyle Harris

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2015, 02:08:51 PM »

I'm a decent player

Rob,

Rob,

With me as your caddy, with my course management skills, you could be a plus 4-6.

Unfortunately, my rates are very high and my available dates very limited.

Just think how your game would take a quantum leap if you had forward looking vision ;D

I am sure you both could make the time for a round or two in late May, followed by a week's worth just before Father's Day in June.
http://kylewharris.com

Constantly blamed by 8-handicaps for their 7 missed 12-footers each round.

Thank you for changing the font of your posts. It makes them easier to scroll past.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2015, 04:31:38 PM »
Kyle,

April and May may be the two best months in Florida.

It the weather in NJ continues to be cool and rainy, I just might take you up on the suggestion.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back