News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

Is TW PGA Tour Masters Edition...
« on: April 14, 2015, 03:02:52 PM »
... Available for PC?
Sorry to go all Mucci, but didn't want to fill the title box.
I would love to see this, but can't seem to find a version for the PC.
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller...? Bueller?...

Cheers,
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Matthew Essig

Re: Is TW PGA Tour Masters Edition...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 04:11:21 PM »
I believe the answer is no...
"Good GCA should offer an interesting golfing challenge to the golfer not a difficult golfing challenge." Jon Wiggett

Robert Kimball

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 06:06:07 PM »
The answer is positively no, unfortunately. I used to play TW online all the time and they discontinued it basically because it wasn't making enough revenue to justify the upkeep of the web presence. That's how it was explained to me when I got my email of cancellation. 

I actually went out a few years ago and bought a PS3 just so I could play The Masters edition of TW (the historical version of Augusta in 1934 is awesome). I haven't even bought another game for it -- does anyone have any good recommendations? Is baseball OK? What about WCW Wrestling??!!

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 07:27:13 PM »
The answer is positively no, unfortunately. I used to play TW online all the time and they discontinued it basically because it wasn't making enough revenue to justify the upkeep of the web presence. That's how it was explained to me when I got my email of cancellation. 

I actually went out a few years ago and bought a PS3 just so I could play The Masters edition of TW (the historical version of Augusta in 1934 is awesome). I haven't even bought another game for it -- does anyone have any good recommendations? Is baseball OK? What about WCW Wrestling??!!

That's exactly why I wanted it, Rob. It must be awesome to see how they've interpreted 1934. Does this mean I have to go buy a PS3, now!?!?! Woohoo!
F
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Robert Kimball

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 11:31:28 AM »
You can probably get them pretty cheap these days. And, make sure you get the "Historical Edition" of the game that has a picture of both Bubba and Bobby Jones on it.

They apparently got it pretty right as far as the 1934 layout.  I'd love to see the pros of today play it that way!

After I told a friend that I played Pebble Beach last summer, he said: "Jesus, how can you pay that much to play a golf course?" I said, " Are you kidding me, I paid almost $400 just so I could play Augusta on a damn video game. Do you think I was going to pass up the chance to really play a bucket list course for a little bit more?" 

Golfers do what golfers do.

--Rob
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 11:34:38 AM by Rob_Kimball »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back