News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

Re: Pinehurst No. 2
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2015, 10:55:00 PM »
Hoping to God seems a bit dramatic for all of this.

I was suggesting the "back" tees to be played at 325 yards, not 350. Member's tees could play at or under 300 yards. I'm not in favor of altering the course (or even just this hole) for this exercise, just to consider how the hole might play and if it could provide additional excitement. Besides, if Pinehurst saw me out there with a shovel and some dirt, they might react poorly.

I hope to God every Sunday that our Priest doesn't spend over seven minutes declaring God's very existence. Dramatic is when I hope the USGA doesn't change the one thing in my life that makes me happy that much more difficult to enjoy.

I must  have played a tee near 325 yards because after a perfect drive I had 100 yards in.

God is everywhere, great golf is hard to find.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 11:02:22 PM by John Kavanaugh »

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2015, 11:14:13 PM »
Me and seven of my closest friends played Super Bowl weekend.  It was in perfect condition.   My one and only fault is that the entire property is played as a waste area.  Without your own personal rules official it would be difficult to play anything resembling real golf.  I would prefer that everything be played as a hazard, which also is not an equitable solution.

It remains a world class destination and an outstanding value during our time line unless you have a problem with mandatory caddies.

You seem to have more than one and only fault.

There are faults and then there are preferences. Telling every single golfer that they can ground their club in a bunker is a fault. My other issues are based in my own personal preferences.

Bruce Wellmon

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2015, 11:15:29 PM »
Gillette,

Did your imaginary friends have to take caddies too?

7:42 Tee Time:

John Kavanaugh
Barny f
Jaka b
Gillette Silver

7:52 Tee Time

Kenny Lee Puckett
Roy McAvoy
Al Czervik
Pat Pemberton (even though you're horribly sexist)

There were only 3 of us in the second group. Soooomeone overslept.  ;)
 And I couldn't imagine playing #2 without a caddie. Romeo by my side.
Sincerely,
               Roy McAvoy

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2015, 11:23:53 PM »
I do believe our little Arthur got caught between the moonshine and New York City.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back