News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Howard Riefs

Another year, another shoulder season trek to Kohler.

Like year's past, Kohler introduced its "April Special" rate in conjunction with the Chicago Golf Show.  Here are the trips from the last two years:  

2014: http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,57987.0.html
    2013: http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,55210.0.html

I made three tee times on both Whistling Straits and the River Course for Saturday, May 2nd, which is the same date (first Saturday in May aka Derby Day) that we played the last couple years.

Whistling Straits, Straits Course:
Times:                     8:10, 8:20, 8:30 a.m.
Greens fee:              $150
Mandatory caddie:   $65 + recommended $40 tip*

Blackwolf Run, River Course:
Times:                  2:20, 2:30, 2:40 p.m.
Greens fee:          $95  
Cart:                   $15*

UPDATED:

Tee times and pairings....

8:10 a.m.
Tarbel
Salmen
Green
Tarbel friend

8:20 a.m.
Riefs
Hufnagel
Seitz
Molnar

8:30 a.m.
Bass
Sinnen
Wintersteen
Melchiors

-------------------------------------------------
      LUNCH AT WHISTLING STRAITS*
               - - - - - - - - - -
DRIVE 20 MINUTES TO BLACKWOLF RUN

2:20 p.m.
Riefs
Hufnagel
Tarbel
Tarbel friend

2:30 p.m.
Bass
Sinnen
Green

2:40 p.m.
Salmen
Wintersteen
Seitz
Molnar

* time permitting
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 04:36:12 PM by Howard Riefs »
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Josh Tarble

Thanks again for setting this up Howard. For anyone on the fence, this is a great opportunity to play the Straits before the PGA Championship this year.  And the River course is tremendously fun.

Scott Wintersteen

Howard,

Mark me down as in. 

Ryan Bass

Mark me down, Howard.  I just sent you a PM as well.  Thanks! 

Howard Riefs

Scott, Ryan -

Added you to the list.  Look forward to seeing you in Wisconsin.
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Zack Molnar

Mr. Riefs,

Mark me down as tentative as well. I should be able to get you a solid answer in a few days. This is too good of a deal to pass up

Howard Riefs

Mr. Riefs,

Mark me down as tentative as well. I should be able to get you a solid answer in a few days. This is too good of a deal to pass up

Done.

Steve Salmen

Howard,

I thought I responded.  I am in.  Paul Kardosh may be joining as he has for the last few years.  Thanks.

Steve

Neil Johnston

It appears I might be one response too late to take one of the first 12 spots, but I'd be happy to start a waiting list.

Howard Riefs

Howard,

I thought I responded.  I am in.  Paul Kardosh may be joining as he has for the last few years.  Thanks.

Steve

I added you both.  Paul's currently on the waiting list but I'm sure he'll move up given the number that are tentative.

Zack Molnar

Riefs,

You can mark me as official now. Looking forward to it

Howard Riefs

Riefs,

You can mark me as official now. Looking forward to it

Great to hear.

Steve Green

Howard,

Please add me to your waiting list.  Should enough people bail I would be happy to fill in.

Steve
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
Bertrand Russell

Howard Riefs

We had a few dropouts (both on the confirmed list and wait list).  

Neil and Steve, please confirm that you can still participate.  

We also have an open spot if anyone's interested...

1.    Riefs
2.    Josh Tarble
3.    Chris Hufnagel  
4.    Bill Seitz  
5.    Scott W
6.    Ryan Bass
7.    Dan Sinnen
8.    Mr. Molnar
9.    Steve Salmen
10.  Steve Green

« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 11:55:17 AM by Howard Riefs »

Howard Riefs

We still have two open spots for the return trip to Whistling Straits and Black Wolf Run.

Josh Tarble

Don't want to jinx it....but weather looks decent so far.  Really looking forward to seeing everyone, should be a fun day again.

Howard Riefs

Don't want to jinx it....but weather looks decent so far.  Really looking forward to seeing everyone, should be a fun day again.

Look forward to more of your miracle shots, like this one on #6 of the River Course. 

Josh Tarble

Look forward to more of your miracle shots, like this one on #6 of the River Course. 

I think my goal will actually be to not hit a shot into the abyss this year  :)

Zack Molnar

I was gonna claim Josh as a partner, but if he's not gonna dump it in the abyss this year, then I'd rather not have him

Howard Riefs

I think my goal will actually be to not hit a shot into the abyss this year  :)

At least you now know how that putt breaks.

Steve Salmen

Please let me know if anyone has interest in playing Lawsonia Friday afternoon. I intend to leave downtown Chicago around noon and head straight there.

Howard Riefs

Don't want to jinx it....but weather looks decent so far.  

Sunny
High: 70
Low:  51

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Kohler+WI+53044:4:US

Josh Tarble

Don't want to jinx it....but weather looks decent so far.  

Sunny
High: 70
Low:  51

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Kohler+WI+53044:4:US

Decent.

Otherwise known as the best weather I'll have played in yet this year.  I'm going to continue knocking on wood.

Joe Melchiors

Anybody hanging around and playing on Sunday?  I can't play Saturday as I have a wedding in Appleton, but would like to join up with anyone that will still be there on Sunday...

Thanks,
Joe

Howard Riefs

Tee times and pairings....

8:10 a.m.
Tarbel
Salmen
Green

8:20 a.m.
Riefs
Hufnagel
Seitz
Molnar

8:30 a.m.
Bass
Sinnen
Wintersteen
Melchiors

LUNCH AT WHISTLING STRAITS*
               - - - - - - - - - -
DRIVE 20 MINUTES TO BLACKWOLF RUN

2:20 p.m.
Riefs
Hufnagel
Tarbel

2:30 p.m.
Bass
Sinnen
Green

2:40 p.m.
Salmen
Wintersteen
Seitz
Molnar

* time permitting
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:23:09 PM by Howard Riefs »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back