News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Wade Whitehead

Re: Fifth Annual Saul Shootout for The George Cup: October 17, 2015
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2015, 09:37:19 AM »
Tim: Originally, it was

The Visa Saul Shootout for The George Cup presented by MasterCard

but I couldn't secure the necessary agreements.

WW

I can barely afford the royalties to use Lester's name on the trophy!

WW

Chris DeNigris

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2015, 09:57:41 AM »
Tim: Originally, it was

The Visa Saul Shootout for The George Cup presented by MasterCard

but I couldn't secure the necessary agreements.

WW

I can barely afford the royalties to use Lester's name on the trophy!

WW

A bottle of Wild Turkey and a cheap cigar- seems pretty reasonable.

Kevin Lynch

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2015, 12:19:27 AM »
Going to be pushing the marital harmony boundaries keeping my perfect attendance alive.  Have a trip scheduled to Bandon on October 25th (50th Birthday for Ron M) and my anniversary is October 18th.

But the wife knows how much the George Cup means to me, so you can count me in to reclaim my precious trophy and return it to its appropriate level of adoration.  I sense the poor thing is being taken for granted by Tommy W, as I've yet to see a single picture of any George Cup adventures. By this time in last year's reign, the Cup had visited Niagara Falls, paraded down Bourbon Street, taken photo opportunities with the Payne Stewart Statue at Pinehurst and rested on the Pine Crest Inn mantle next to Donald Ross.

Kevin the George Cup is safe, albeit a bit cold.

So, am I to assume that the George Cup is somewhere in this picture, sharing in your adventure?

Don't worry, the Cup can handle the cold:

Lester George

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2015, 04:01:40 PM »
Wade,

You finally got a date that doesn't interfere with my island hopping plans.  Unfortunately for you and the rest of the group, I will make it to the George Cup this year. 

I know you worked around some scheduling issues, but you messed up by giving me a chance to be there.  I wont be playing, but I will be staying.  Don't put me down for a cottage as I would rather someone else (Bill) have that chance.

BTW, based on optimism and past events, this will be the year we have perfect fall weather at Ballyhack!  Just sayin'.

Lester

Lyndell Young

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2015, 11:16:22 PM »
Wade Please sign me up! Ballyhack is an awesome place ,I need another crack at it.I would also like to stay onsight. Ill bring some Baileys for Kevin and Jim! or maybe Bloody Mary's in case its chilly.

Jim Sherma

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2015, 09:02:01 AM »
Wanted to bump this to the first page again.

I was down at Ballyhack this past weekend. I am sure the course conditions are a little behind schedule due to the lingering weather but it was still in very nice shape and the guys doing a great job. The group I took down from Hershey had a blast staying in the cabins and eating well. I strongly recommend heading down to the George Cup and seeing Ballyhack. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but it is a very special golf course that really leaves a strong impression, both visually and in terms of the quality of the golf that the architecture asks for. Everyone I was with this weekend is well travelled and they were all blown away.

Also, I had my first hole in one in almost 25 years on the 13th on Saturday morning. Neat way to start the new season.

Kevin Lynch

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2015, 11:57:13 AM »
Wanted to bump this to the first page again.

I was down at Ballyhack this past weekend. I am sure the course conditions are a little behind schedule due to the lingering weather but it was still in very nice shape and the guys doing a great job. The group I took down from Hershey had a blast staying in the cabins and eating well. I strongly recommend heading down to the George Cup and seeing Ballyhack. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but it is a very special golf course that really leaves a strong impression, both visually and in terms of the quality of the golf that the architecture asks for. Everyone I was with this weekend is well travelled and they were all blown away.

Also, I had my first hole in one in almost 25 years on the 13th on Saturday morning. Neat way to start the new season.

Congratulations on the hole-in-one!  That's a pretty good place to have one since you can see it the entire way. 

JC Jones

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2015, 07:53:43 AM »
Can't wait for this year's event.  The cup will be mine!
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Andy Hughes

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2015, 09:09:01 AM »
Can't wait for this year's event.  The cup will be mine!

JC, that seems highly unlikely as the Cup surely yearns to return to its rightful owner. 
"Perhaps I'm incorrect..."--P. Mucci 6/7/2007

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2015, 09:01:16 PM »
Registration information was mailed tonight to former players and others who have expressed interest.

GCAers, if you wish to be a part of this fun weekend, please send a message (with your email address) and I'll forward information.

Looking forward to a terrific event!

WW

Wade Whitehead

Lou Duran, Brian Finn, Geoffrey Walsh, Nate Oxman, and Bill Brightly, please message me your email addresses so I can forward information to you.

Having some trouble mining them from the new interface.

Thanks!

WW

J Sadowsky

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2015, 11:34:37 PM »
Registration information was mailed tonight to former players and others who have expressed interest.

GCAers, if you wish to be a part of this fun weekend, please send a message (with your email address) and I'll forward information.

Looking forward to a terrific event!

WW

It's now been a year since I've picked up a golf club, and will probably be several more before I get to play regularly, but the hope of the event continuing will encourage me!

Scott Weersing

You should expect nice fall colors this year with the October 17 time slot.

Here is a preview of fall colors from 2012:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,52757.msg1240865.html#msg1240865

« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 05:08:59 PM by Scott Weersing »

Wade Whitehead

Gents:

I have received a number of RSVPS and spots are limited.  If you're considering attending, please contact me as soon as possible.

Thanks very much.

WW

Wade Whitehead

Have a few spots left open, including a couple on site.

WW

Wade Whitehead

Gents:

I am finalizing plans for George Cup V and will be sending details to the field within a few days.

Those confirmed for participation include Jonathan Mallard, Chris Denigris, Jim Sherma, Scott Weersing, Jeff Doerr, Andy Hughes, Kevin Lynch, Livingston Lewis, and Jason Jones.

I still need confirmation from a few that initially RSVPed, including Lou Duran, Brian Finn, Andrew Bernstein, Geoffrey Walsh, Nate Oxman, Bill McBride, Bill Brightly, Tim Pitner, and Lyndell Young.  Gents, let me know ASAP if you plan to plan, when you plan to arrive, and when you plan to depart.

Everyone else, you've got couple of days to jump into the mix.  The golf course is simply incredible right now and will only get better as George Cup weekend approaches.

Thanks!

WW

Tommy Williamsen

Wade, I fully intend to defend my title.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Lyndell Young

Wade sorry to say I must bow out this year,I have a work conflict.I hate it when work gets in the way of my leisure time! I hope you guys have a great time. I sure will miss the midnight putting contest.   

Wade Whitehead

Gents:

Due to a late withdrawal, I have one opening in the event.  If interested, please let me know by Monday morning.

Thanks!

WW

Wade Whitehead

Re: 5th Annual Saul Shootout for The George Cup: October 17, 2015
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2015, 09:03:14 PM »
Congratulations to 2015 George Cup champion Scott Weersing, who clipped Tom Williamsen by a single point.  Scott received a framed print of #17, an etched milk jug, a one-year national membership to Ballyhack Golf Club, and possession of the George Cup for one year (or so).

Thanks to all the guys who made the trip and who enjoyed the spectacular playing conditions Saturday afforded us.

Well done, Scott!

WW

Andy Shulman

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2015, 09:23:21 PM »
Congrats to Scott, a more than worthy champ, and to Kevin Lynch, winner of the (unofficial) midnight (actually 10:30 PM) putting competition on the massive 18th green over a small, but select field.

Scott Weersing

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2015, 07:41:41 AM »
Here are some photos from the George Cup!

It would not be Ballyhack without the goats making at visit to the 15th green.

View of no. 4 and no. 8.

No. 10 is a great par 5.

Andy Hughes

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2015, 01:53:15 PM »
Scott, welcome to the club.

The course looks stunning.
"Perhaps I'm incorrect..."--P. Mucci 6/7/2007

Scott Weersing

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2015, 10:02:14 PM »

Thanks!. Now I have to take the trophy around to get some photos like Kevin Lynch.

Kevin Lynch

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2015, 06:06:01 PM »

Thanks!. Now I have to take the trophy around to get some photos like Kevin Lynch.

Yeah, you do.  Poor thing must have been going through withdrawal during the neglectful reign of Tommy Williamsen.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back