News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bob Jenkins

Re: Trouble continues at Sagebrush.
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2015, 04:34:32 PM »

Duncan,

There are no bank loans. Although there are mortgages registered against the property, those are all held by companies owned by the principals of Sagebrush. Therefore, the owners can do what they want without worrying about a bank may decide. They clearly want out and I believe they will sell, perhaps to a developer which was what they tried to do late last summer. There was a deal in place but for unknown reasons, it fell through. Pete Pittock and I were up there, last August as I recall, and we met the principal of the company who had agreed to buy and he told us the deal would be closing in a few weeks and he wanted to start building the lodge before the winter set in.

Keep your fingers crossed. It is so worth saving!

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2015, 01:24:26 AM »

Duncan,

There are no bank loans.

Sorry.

With all the talk of crippling interest payments I kind of assumed that the owners were in hock to the bank(s).

So you're saying that the owners were paying crippling amounts of interest to themselves?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 01:27:14 AM by Duncan Cheslett »

Bob Jenkins

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2015, 11:36:32 AM »

Duncan,

No, Sagebrush was unable to pay them the mortgages. So the interest just keeps piling up, probably compounding every year or so. Securing their investment with a mortgage gives them priority over other creditors.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2015, 07:02:23 PM »
The Kamloops newspaper had an article this last week
http://www.kamloopsthisweek.com/opening-of-sagebrush-golf-course-delayed/

Still working on the zoning issue, no buyer identified. Both have to happen before opening. 

SB

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2015, 04:06:03 PM »
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 04:46:20 PM by SBusch »

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2015, 06:47:03 PM »
Sagebrush is making progress on the zoning/permit/remodel front, but any opening shouldn't be expected before late June.   

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2015, 04:21:33 PM »
Really, no change except the earliest possible opening date is drawing closed to the end of the season -at what point does it not open in 2015.

Zoning issues resolved. In a pemitting and modification phase of the Winchester Cottage (which has the patio lounge and dining), bringing them up to handicap access standards. Will only re-open under new ownership, the earliest that could happen is late July.

Latest story from the Vancouver Sun http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/story.html?id=11133003

« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 12:14:38 AM by Pete_Pittock »

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2015, 05:01:55 PM »
more bad news. Their excellent greenskeeper Norley Calder has left the club for an opportunity in Calgary.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2015, 06:28:24 PM »
Vancouver Sun  http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Strong+field+Vancouver+Open/11258774/story.html
reports that Sagebrush officially will not open this year.

Zoning change is complete, and I believe permits are in hand for cottage modifications.  Re=opening is now dependent on finding new owners. Hopefully that is not a titanic ;D endeavor.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2015, 01:12:31 PM »
That appears to be good news Pete.

Would be a shame for a gem like this to go by the way side, it is indeed a terrific course with some of the most unique holes I've ever played.  I would love to make a return trip there someday.

Kalen

Chris DeToro

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2015, 03:47:48 PM »
Does anybody have any details as to the particulars of the sale? 

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2015, 11:16:58 PM »
This is the most recent newspaper aticle http://www.merrittherald.com/sagebrush-will-remain-closed-for-remaining-2015-season/
      Short view, Sagebrush will remain closed for 2015. The auricle says the building permit has not been issued, but I have it on good authority that permits have been issued, presumably to upgrade some of the rooms and the dining area at the lower level of Winchester cottage to meet disability rules.
      When completed and signed off by the local authorities, the next step will be to sell. Apparently there are two likely suitors/
      The current owners were looking at a 10,000 sq ft clubhouse in their plans, Reading the aticle, I'd guess it'll be in the neighborhood of 20-25 thousand.

Long view, Sagebrush will likely open in 2016, assuming new ownership.

If I renew for 2016 it will be very weird to arrive and likely not know any of the major figures since it opened.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:49:37 AM by Pete_Pittock »

Bill_McBride

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2015, 12:01:59 AM »
That's a shame, it was a unique experience out there. 

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2015, 05:38:11 PM »
Another hurdle cleared, this one legal. The dispute over design fees, between Richard Zokol and the owners, was dismissed by mutual consent. With this out of the way, and construction permits in hand, I don't see any hindrance to a sale.
http://scoregolf.com/blog/rick-young/legal-dispute-ends-at-sagebrush/

Howard Riefs

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2016, 03:27:20 PM »
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Jim Franklin

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2016, 03:33:34 PM »
Mr Hurricane

Brad Tufts

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2016, 06:21:29 PM »
Pete,

Great to hear the news, and keep the updates coming...I consider my day at SB with Bob J., Sean Leary, and Ryan Simper one of my favorite golf days of the past decade, and I can't wait to return someday!
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2016, 06:38:51 PM »
I wish the title of this was changed. Sagebrush is not in trouble. Or people would post on the other Sagebrush thread on the front page.

Bill_McBride

All Is Well at Sagebrush. !
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2016, 06:46:08 PM »
Very good news for our Canadian members and Mr. Pittock!

Ted Harris

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2016, 02:33:45 PM »
Any news ? Is the course opening soon  (says June on website)  - website seems lacking with regards to online booking.

I see on social media that people doing work are claiming to have gone unpaid
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 02:41:00 PM by Ted Harris »

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2016, 03:30:15 PM »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back